Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 8: Talented

Apple recalling some Macbooks due to battery fire risk

[ Edited ]

https://news.sky.com/story/apple-recalls-some-macbooks-over-battery-fire-risk-11746133

15-inch Mid-2015 Pros are apparently the only machines affected, Apple advising against use until the battery is replaced.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Community Manager

Re: Apple recalling some Macbooks due to battery fire risk

Thanks for that heads up @techtamer, I had not seen this news yet Smiley Happy Did you have one of these yourself??

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 8: Talented

Re: Apple recalling some Macbooks due to battery fire risk

@EmilieT 

No, too rich for my budget Smiley Happy

I have a Mac Mini which I bought because I need to know a bit for work but that's as far as I go.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)