Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm pretty sure it's a spoof but to be honest I thought that was the whole point. No way is he an Apple engineer.

Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is a spoof. I watched another version on You Tube which stated 'spoof' in the title underneath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lir4R5sRn7s

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah a spoof, but scarily true about the spec of it.
Message 13 of 18

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Completely a spoof. Works on the same principles of the many Hitler Youtube videos from Downfall. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was funny, but I'm sure the lack of ports isn't necessarily the drawback that we think it might be, particularly when you consider how much content is downloaded or transferred wirelessly nowadays (think how dependent we used to be on disc drives). The thing about Apple products, is the specification on paper can sometimes be misleading, and you probably need to see one in use before deciding if the price tag is justified. iPads have never had USB ports, but look how successful that product has been over the years.

Having said that, my enthusiasm for Apple products is starting to wane, and the time may be right to consider a return to Windows, or perhaps try Linux for the first time.
Message 15 of 18

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I see where your coming from but as we sit here I have a power cable, thunderbolt and 2 time USB ports being used up. The iPad took advantage of online storage which is where Apple hopes this may go, COUGH ICLOUD COUGH. 

However the connection is USB -C and I read today that there is already a line of USB-C products being created for windows, mac and Android capatability. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 16 of 18

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

USB-C connections allow you plug in from any orientation rather than placing the grounding block over the one in the port connection. It will certainly make life easier.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 17 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It was funny, but I'm sure the lack of ports isn't necessarily the drawback that we think it might be, particularly when you consider how much content is downloaded or transferred wirelessly nowadays (think how dependent we used to be on disc drives). The thing about Apple products, is the specification on paper can sometimes be misleading, and you probably need to see one in use before deciding if the price tag is justified. iPads have never had USB ports, but look how successful that product has been over the years.

Having said that, my enthusiasm for Apple products is starting to wane, and the time may be right to consider a return to Windows, or perhaps try Linux for the first time.

Agree on the ports and downloads, other than an usb sd card reader on my Macbook Air, I don't need any other ports. I have a big beast of a PC that I can expand for that!

They should have included a single usb slot for such things as a mouse (I really don't like trackpads at all on any computer)  and arduino style devices that need USB to program! 

USB-C is a great thing but having it non-magsafe is a killer feature in the literal sense: once its damaged, you can't power it up and oh look, there's an extended Apple warranty you need to buy. If they included a power socket as well, then it wouldn't be as bad. On the other hand, its non-proprietary so the USB-C market is about to explode with weird and wonderful hubs.

As for the price, its great engineering but sadly lacks the mass market appeal due to the limitations. V2 might be better but even at that price, its vastly expensive to be any sort of success. 

Message 18 of 18