cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used a set of these?

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.jabra.co.uk/business/office-headsets/jabra-evolve/jabra-evolve-65#/#6599-829-409

Currently using a Plantronics USB headset (provided by work) with my work provided laptop which is sat on top of a wood chest and linked into my homemade KVM.

The machine has bluetooth onboard and I'd like to get rid of the wire between me and it as looks like I'm going to be home based for a while, I know we have some Jabra kit kicking around at work and it's quite highly prized but wonder if anyone uses or has used the one linked to above before I splash out my own cassh on it.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Yes, exactly what I use.
Very comfy and good sound quality and range.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
PS.
Significantly cheaper on Amazon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 

Cheers, ordered myself a set, will be here next Wednesday.

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Good choice

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrived today.

Charged and paired with laptop and I've just applied the latest firnware.

First use tomorrow but the test call with Skype for Business sounded good.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 

Do you use the Jabra link dongle or do you just pair it to the system as just paired mine with the laptop's bluetooth and had a couple of mic not working errors in Skype for Business so had to switch back to the wired headset as it was so busy until I could have a proper look.

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Just paired directly with lappy bluetooth.

Skype does occasionally give a poor audio warning but no one has ever said they can't hear me.

No such issues with MS Teams so I just assumed it was a Skype foible.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 

Unfortunately it was telling me the mic wasn't working and they couldn't hear me.

I've updated the bluetooth drivers on the lappy so will see and will try with it's dongle too. it's very nice so want to get it working.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Never had that at all.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14