cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone still using an XDA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondered, never had one myself but remember them becoming really popular as terminals for the local taxi companies.

Haven't been in a taxi for a bit so don't know what they use now but just wondered how many people still use them?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one of the very early ones but unfortunately it died & I actually didn’t have any use for it anyway after I got my iPhone 3GS 

Message 2 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous @Anonymous I'm not too familiar with that, any chance either of you could explain to me better what an XDA is and what it's for? Today feels like a good day to learn  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
https://www.gsmarena.com/o2_xda_ii-697.php
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
https://www.gsmarena.com/o2_xda_ii-697.php

Oh I get it now, thanks for the link @MI5

I guess that kind of gives my answer away @Anonymous - I don't use one wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT @It’s a portable computer like an iPhone or iPod but with a better operating system than the windows phones

Message 6 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous  slight_smile Put like that, I can understand why you didn't need one anymore after getting an iPhone 3GS. Why do you guys reckon someone would need to use an XDA nowadays, with smartphones being so efficient and powerful? I'm curious, sorry!

signature

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT Nobody needs them anymore, it’s defunct & a extinct format like the short lived minidisc 

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT 

Firstly apologies, I forgot it was before your tenure.

I don't think anyone needs one but you know there are some people who will use a device literally until it dies so just out of interest I thought I'd ask the question.

Message 9 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

No worries @Anonymous, I'm always happy to learn so thanks for starting this discussion!  slight_smile

signature

Message 10 of 11