cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else keeping tabs on the US midterm elections?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be interested to see if the Trump train keeps on rollin' or if the Democrats put up a buffer in front of him.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting to see it laid out in graph format comparing 2016 v 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46076389

Interesting to note Pennsylvania gained 4 seats for the Democrats after it changed it's boundaries.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

1-1 = get ready for domestic unrest in the US!

Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

1-1 = get ready for domestic unrest in the US!

My thoughts exactly @Anonymous.

Trump is claiming to be happy...No he's not really. A lot of his decision making and policy changes wont be so easy to sweep through without some sort of opposition.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Quoting the BBC, the bit at the bottom is quite interesting in regards to previous presidents losing the house first midterm election: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46067264

Question is: will the Democrats continue to distract everyone with their anti-Trump poilicy at all costs or actually come up with vote winning policies with a proper presidential candidate? Hilary Clinton has mentioned she may want another go at it so make of that what you will. 

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
HRC running again could be the fall of Trump. He can’t really campaign on the crooked Hilary / democrats ticket he did last time, because that would give the democrats a reason not to work with him in the house.

Despite his claims of HRC being prosecuted .. nothing has happened. And if he starts that line again.. far more damaging issues have surfaced for him, than ever did for HRC!

I think he’ll lose the next election!
Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Particularly with the allegation of Russian interference in vote rigging....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best news to come out of the US in a while.

Message 17 of 24

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I'm very pleased about the Congressional results, though hoped for better results in the Senate, but not totally surprised.

I hope Hilary does decide to run again as I think she stands a better chance second time around. However, I am hoping there is a better Democratic choice for 2020. Though I have to admit it's about time for a woman in the White House. In fact, it's long overdue.

In the meantime, Trump won't find it so easy to push through his insane policies as before. That's a big plus in my book. And he won't find it so easy, should he decide to run for a second term, which please God he doesn't.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1

It would be good to have a female US leader for a change and who knows, it could happen.

I was suprised and pleased when Obama was elected, not because he was African-American, but because he actually spoke intelligently.

I hope the voters pick someone intelligent again next time as they are sorely needed in these times.

While I sincerely hope Trump or his offspring don't decide to run again I have a feeling he might but let's hope the opposition he will now face is enough for him to get bored and give up or even better be impeached.

Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was particularly pleased to see two Muslim women voted into the House Of Representatives

That made history.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/history-made-as-two-muslim-women-elected-to-us-h...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24