cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Got rid of the last one ( Twitter ) a month ago, Faecebook six months ago - got fed up with all the Election fiddling, and other dubious crap, including endless photos of pointless junk.

Strangely, not knowing what everyone ate for breakfast hasn't ruined my life....

Anyone else "taken back control"? ( No brexsh*t jokes pls tongue_winking )

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have all the social media platforms (insta, snapchat, twitter, facebook) and I am starting to see myself using them less and less.

They have their benefits and it helps me keep in touch with family and friends at the other side of the world. However, I much prefer to be in the company of my friends here rather than talking over social media slight_smile
iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 61 of 66

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I haven't got any
@RyanK1992 (I don't include o2 community forum for obvious reasons).
I can contact anyone I want to. News is 24 hours on all media.
I also prefer to meet people when I can. Join in the local community too.
I suspect that many others will be of a similar mind.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 62 of 66

Montysmum
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi projectionist, 

d'you know i have NO social media accounts in any form either, i have lots of friends, acquantances,  colleagues etc. etc in real life so i'm never lost for anyone to chat to, phone calls ,e mails and even actually meeting up with a real person who you know and may well have known for decades (,not a random date,) for a coffee or whatever and a good old natter, usually putting the world to rights might seem old fashioned to some but to me I'll take it any day over "virtual friends" Never been interested in social media & don't think I ever will be. I think I'll stick to the way I am thank you

Message 63 of 66

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I'm going to take the risk of getting a ticking off for altering a thread title, my excuse is that I started it - 2 years ago, admittedly....

I've being taking another look at some old threads after re-joining O2 recently, and think that I may have been a little fundamentalist in my attitude towards social media - some of it is worthy, and truth be told, this forum is a major reason that I came back to O2 after a break at a lower cost alternative, the another was the reminder that some things are "cheaper" in more ways than one.

So, thanks @Bambino for your comment (much) earlier, maybe I needed shoving off my high horse grimacing

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 65 of 66

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Umm....you're welcome @Projectionist.....I think.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 66 of 66