Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Reply
Highlighted
Posts: 98,385
Topics: 545
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

No offense taken here Steve. I'm in full agreement.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 29: Intuitive
Posts: 4,598
Registered: ‎03-08-2018

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

Hi @Marjo
Read your post, good thing that you recognised the anxiety and well done to ditch Instagram and get back in the driving seat. These social media sites infiltrate into your whole way of doing things. Cheers 🥂


Highlighted
Posts: 10,294
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

And no offence taken by me @jonsie, though as you'll appreciate from my post, I enjoy the games. Though, as you don't, there should be an option to opt out of Off Topic topics, without totalling opting out of Off Topic. I agree with you there.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb


Highlighted
Posts: 84,302
Topics: 714
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

Each to their own I say.

 

There are various reasons for people leaving the forum. I very much doubt off topic is the reason.

Less technical questions are being asked (for whatever reason) and certainly less chance of me getting in first to answer them.

 

So, yes the forum has changed and whilst I don't agree with all off topic threads, I will continue to post in those I enjoy.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Posts: 12,880
Topics: 266
Registered: ‎11-01-2014

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

[ Edited ]

I am only on Facebook ... & ... use that to reach old schoolfriends ... & ... enjoy eg cat & photography groups

I originally used the community to ask technical questions ... then, ventured into Off Topic

I'm in agreement with what you say @jonsie 

The newer members are a Breath Of Fresh Air

I shall continue to express my opinion ... & ... offer no offence meant to anyone Smiley Wink

 

I use 'Google is my Friend' ... @Bambino taught me this shortly after I joined the community ... this instead of asking questions on the Community ... also ... @Cleoriff  has taught me to use Google whereas I used to get inept replies from the Search box wink

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*



I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Posts: 10,294
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?


@Cleoriff wrote:

Each to their own I say.

 

There are various reasons for people leaving the forum. I very much doubt off topic is the reason.

Less technical questions are being asked (for whatever reason) and certainly less chance of me getting in first to answer them.

 

So, yes the forum has changed and whilst I don't agree with all off topic threads, I will continue to post in those I enjoy.


I also doubt Off Topic is the reason why people have left the forum. After all, no one is forced to post on any thread they have no interest in. I don't.

 

I will continue to post in those Off Topic threads I enjoy, while avoiding those I have no interest in.

 

 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb


Highlighted
Posts: 79,637
Topics: 569
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

I hope everyone get the point I may be putting across badly, it's not whether people should continue to enjoy posting in those threads but more the point we should be able to opt out of a single thread rather than the whole of offtopic 🙂

Highlighted
Posts: 12,880
Topics: 266
Registered: ‎11-01-2014

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?


@jonsie wrote:

I hope everyone get the point I may be putting across badly, it's not whether people should continue to enjoy posting in those threads but more the point we should be able to opt out of a single thread rather than the whole of offtopic 🙂


I understand what you are saying @jonsie ... & ... agree with you ... it's down to personal choice smiling

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*



I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Posts: 84,302
Topics: 714
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

[ Edited ]

@jonsie wrote:

I hope everyone get the point I may be putting across badly, it's not whether people should continue to enjoy posting in those threads but more the point we should be able to opt out of a single thread rather than the whole of offtopic 🙂


Yes I get that and agree an option should be there.

However, that would mean opting out of ALL Off Topic ....and some who claim to want that option, still post on a few Off Topic threads which suit them. So it's a Catch 22 really.

 

A matter of choice. Many like the Virtual Lounge, Wordsearches and all of the Beatles quizzes.

All Off Topic. So it's down to personal choice.

 

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Posts: 79,637
Topics: 569
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?


@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I hope everyone get the point I may be putting across badly, it's not whether people should continue to enjoy posting in those threads but more the point we should be able to opt out of a single thread rather than the whole of offtopic 🙂


Yes I get that and agree an option should be there.

However, that would mean opting out of ALL Off Topic ....and some who claim to want that option, still post on a few Off Topic threads which suit them. So it's a Catch 22 really.

 

A matter of choice. Many like the Virtual Lounge, Wordsearches and all of the Beatles quizzes.

All Off Topic. So it's down to personal choice.

 


My point exactly. I enjoy those new fresh off topic. It's those offtopic threads I want to see in unread posts but I want the option to opt out of seeing the tired year old quizzes where answers have been often repeated and done to death. Put them out to grass or at least out of my front garden joy