cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Got rid of the last one ( Twitter ) a month ago, Faecebook six months ago - got fed up with all the Election fiddling, and other dubious crap, including endless photos of pointless junk.

Strangely, not knowing what everyone ate for breakfast hasn't ruined my life....

Anyone else "taken back control"? ( No brexsh*t jokes pls tongue_winking )

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No offense taken here Steve. I'm in full agreement.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 66

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Marjo
Read your post, good thing that you recognised the anxiety and well done to ditch Instagram and get back in the driving seat. These social media sites infiltrate into your whole way of doing things. Cheers 🥂

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 22 of 66

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

And no offence taken by me @jonsie, though as you'll appreciate from my post, I enjoy the games. Though, as you don't, there should be an option to opt out of Off Topic topics, without totalling opting out of Off Topic. I agree with you there.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 23 of 66

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Each to their own I say.

There are various reasons for people leaving the forum. I very much doubt off topic is the reason.

Less technical questions are being asked (for whatever reason) and certainly less chance of me getting in first to answer them.

So, yes the forum has changed and whilst I don't agree with all off topic threads, I will continue to post in those I enjoy.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am only on Facebook ... & ... use that to reach old schoolfriends ... & ... enjoy eg cat & photography groups

I originally used the community to ask technical questions ... then, ventured into Off Topic

I'm in agreement with what you say @jonsie 

The newer members are a Breath Of Fresh Air

I shall continue to express my opinion ... & ... offer no offence meant to anyone wink

I use 'Google is my Friend' ... @Bambino taught me this shortly after I joined the community ... this instead of asking questions on the Community ... also ... @Cleoriff  has taught me to use Google whereas I used to get inept replies from the Search box wink

Message 25 of 66

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Each to their own I say.

There are various reasons for people leaving the forum. I very much doubt off topic is the reason.

Less technical questions are being asked (for whatever reason) and certainly less chance of me getting in first to answer them.

So, yes the forum has changed and whilst I don't agree with all off topic threads, I will continue to post in those I enjoy.

I also doubt Off Topic is the reason why people have left the forum. After all, no one is forced to post on any thread they have no interest in. I don't.

I will continue to post in those Off Topic threads I enjoy, while avoiding those I have no interest in.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 26 of 66

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I hope everyone get the point I may be putting across badly, it's not whether people should continue to enjoy posting in those threads but more the point we should be able to opt out of a single thread rather than the whole of offtopic 🙂

Message 27 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I hope everyone get the point I may be putting across badly, it's not whether people should continue to enjoy posting in those threads but more the point we should be able to opt out of a single thread rather than the whole of offtopic 🙂

I understand what you are saying @jonsie ... & ... agree with you ... it's down to personal choice smiling

Message 28 of 66

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes I get that and agree an option should be there.

However, that would mean opting out of ALL Off Topic ....and some who claim to want that option, still post on a few Off Topic threads which suit them. So it's a Catch 22 really.

A matter of choice. Many like the Virtual Lounge, Wordsearches and all of the Beatles quizzes.

All Off Topic. So it's down to personal choice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 66

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Yes I get that and agree an option should be there.

However, that would mean opting out of ALL Off Topic ....and some who claim to want that option, still post on a few Off Topic threads which suit them. So it's a Catch 22 really.

A matter of choice. Many like the Virtual Lounge, Wordsearches and all of the Beatles quizzes.

All Off Topic. So it's down to personal choice.

My point exactly. I enjoy those new fresh off topic. It's those offtopic threads I want to see in unread posts but I want the option to opt out of seeing the tired year old quizzes where answers have been often repeated and done to death. Put them out to grass or at least out of my front garden joy

Message 30 of 66