cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else have NO social media accounts ?

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Got rid of the last one ( Twitter ) a month ago, Faecebook six months ago - got fed up with all the Election fiddling, and other dubious crap, including endless photos of pointless junk.

Strangely, not knowing what everyone ate for breakfast hasn't ruined my life....

Anyone else "taken back control"? ( No brexsh*t jokes pls tongue_winking )

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm only on Facebook, purely to save my games' data and progress so I don't lose it all when I buy a new phone. Rarely post though except for one friend.

Also have Messenger to keep in touch with 2 friends, that's it. Don't have or want anything else, thanks.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 66

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Interesting topic @Projectionist. I've recently deleted my Instagram account as I realised it was giving me some feelings of anxiety, even when I wasn't much interested in updating it anymore. I used it for video game screenshots mostly which was fun for a while until I realised I was concentrating too much on the number of likes and followers. open_mouth So it had to go. What a relief!

Like @Glory1  my FB account is for saving my mobile game progress mostly. slight_smile

Message 12 of 66

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Likewise.....

I still have social media, just these days its called "The Pub" Cheers 

Message 13 of 66

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

So what, exactly would you call this site @Projectionist? Since the so-called 'revamp' of the community pages, there have been navigating page problems that have cropped up which were supposedly being addressed but never have been. Fewer and fewer people post questions about O2 or phone problems. It has become Facebook Jr more and more by the day. I don't mind some of that, but this is not the same community I joined back in 2010.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 66

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Superb question thumbsup

I don't think of this site as "social media", partly, I guess, because I don't want to, but mostly because I joined it for the info, and the fact that members replying to questions on user forums tend to be quite knowledgeable about the product/subject that said forum relates to. Put simply, its easier to find an answer here than by calling a stressed, untrained call centre clerk - the replies here are from people who actually want to help.

But, yes, there is a social side to this forum as well, so your point is well made....mea culpa

Message 15 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reading through the replies, it’s surprising that people (apart from @Bambino) haven’t made the connection between community forums and other forms of social media. In some respects they’re all as bad as each other. 

I would say though, that community forums tend to be more civilised, whereas the likes of Twitter seem to suffer from a lack of moderation.

But they’re all addictive, and can have a negative impact on your mental health. 

Message 16 of 66

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

So what, exactly would you call this site @Projectionist? Since the so-called 'revamp' of the community pages, there have been navigating page problems that have cropped up which were supposedly being addressed but never have been. Fewer and fewer people post questions about O2 or phone problems. It has become Facebook Jr more and more by the day. I don't mind some of that, but this is not the same community I joined back in 2010.

Hallelujah to that @Bambino 

This is definitely more of a social media site nowadays, even this is in offtopic which is more about what you had for breakfast rather than an 'how to' or 'what can I do' mobile phone community.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, each to their own but I don't frequent these boards half as much as I used to because when I log on, there are pages of 3 inane  quizzes that have run their death so many times over, without fail clog up the first 2 pages of 'unread posts'.

Please give us the option of opting out of certain threads rather than having to opt out of the whole of offtopic. There are certain offtopic threads full of interesting topics so why deny us those by pting out of offtopic altogether.

Give us new interesting quizzes that have a finality to them rather than repeating ad nauseum?

I'm not denying those who love these particular quizzes (?) but let me please choose what appears as unread....

Message 17 of 66

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Amen....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 66

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Amen....

Sorry if this upsets some people but I feel so strongly about this, for years this community has been a huge part of my life. We have always had the friendships and cameraderie that we have now. Alas, a lot of friends have moved on, not necessarily because of this but in part certainly.

As I said, fresh quizzes, word search, anything. Notable ones have been posted by newer members which are FRESH and make you want to take part.

Please, no one take offence....

Message 19 of 66

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Bambino this isn't the community I joined in 2016 so I totally agree with your comments. Also agree fewer people are posting questions about anything which I think we both agree is down to the revamp of the homepage. If it were not for yourself and 2 other members, both of whose names you can guess, I would probably not post as much as I do, if at all. @Mi-Amigo's games also make it a bit more interesting.

And yes this community is a form of social media but, for the most part, a lot less nasty. Obviously, having said that there are, and have been, exceptions. You and I know what and who I mean.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 66