Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 547

Andy Murray

Sadly Andy Murray has announced in tears that he is retiring. A big thank you to him for the many joyous moments he has given us. He made you proud to be a Brit! He will make his exit after Wimbledon.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1064366/Andy-Murray-Australian-Open-retirement-claim

Topics: 547
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Re: Andy Murray

[ Edited ]

It's possible he may not make it to Wimbledon, apparently. Poor chap was in tears when making his announcement on TV.

He will certainly be missed and I'm not aware of any Brit that can take his place, which is a great shame.

I'm not a Brit but wstched his first Wimbledon win with tears in my eyes  I was so proud. And it was the same for his second win. 

I will certainly miss him and wish him well for the future.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 251

Thank you @jonsie for putting up the 2 links

Very sad to read ... Andy Murray has held high GB's expectations & realisations in world tennis for so long

A legend ... I shall miss him ... always a gutsy player

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Level 41: Prodigal

Sad to hear that it is injury rather than choice that he is retiring.
Rather amused to see though that the first link was dated 28 Dec - admittedly don't watch a lot of news but completely missed this one!
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 684

[ Edited ]

I knew he was struggling to get back to full health. His last tournament  showed that.

Very sad news. I will miss him.

BBC News explains more about his excruciating pain to his hip even after surgery. I have just watched the very emotional press conference he gave. Apparently there is a chance of more surgery, though no guarantee he could return after that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46833018

*The Game Is On*

Level 13: Prompter

Just watched the press conference, very emotional.

My heart goes out to you Andy Murray and thank you for all the Tennis enjoyment you have provided us with.

Anonymous

Was never a fan, but gotta be tough when you plan your whole life around something, for it to fall apart through no fault of your own..
Anonymous

For those that choose a physical sport as a career, it's very likely that their career will be ended due to injury.

I suspect he'll do a McEnroe and pop up as a pundit somewhere or take up coaching.

Topics: 684

Well he's out of the Australian Open now. It went to 5 sets but he lost. So I guess that's the last we will see if him actually playing. He did say he was going for further surgery...

*The Game Is On*