Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon and Fake reviews

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Amazon Is taking legal action against 1000+ people for posting fake reviews on their website

Amazon says the  defendants offer a false review service for as little as $5 (£3.24) on a legitimate website called Fiverr.com  Fiverr are working with Amazon to identify the fraudsters

Anyone, whether they are a customer or not, has the ability to review products sold on Amazon's online store, but the rules of the site forbid paid-for or fictional reviews.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34565631

I actually had no idea that sites exist where you get paid for writing a review.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are websites for everything, and I do mean everything....:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Having just posted this I have heard on the TV that Which are investigating TripAdvisor for the same thing....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I had heard about Trip Advisor too. That's not cool. I guess the problem with the internet is that so far there are no general regulations in place and each company needs to look out for themselves, based on the legalities that are applied in their country of origin. It would be easier if rules and regulations were clearly stated for anyone publishing on the net but of course that is no easy task, what do you think?

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Amazon have got a reasonable system in place (or so they thought) if you provide them with detailed information you can become a Verified Amazon reviewer (I am one) ....but at the moment the loophole is that not everyone IS verified...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's really sad. I guess that Internet is no different from the off line world then... You can find people cheating everywhere. Luckily most of the people tend to use it in the correct way.
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

In fairness, half of these fake reviews are paid for by the seller...

Yes that was one of the points made...Or family and friends write them ...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9