Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alan Longmuir dies

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bay-city-rollers-star-alan-longmuir-dies-aged-70-two-weeks-aft...

I loved the bay city rollers in my youth saw them in concert and wore red tartan down side my white cropped pants . Eric was my favourite smiling

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I was not a fan of the Bay City Rollers but it's sad to hear of the death of any of the 'old' rock'n' rollers. The group were big back in the day but their music didn't do it for me.

RIP Alan.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You had to be a fan. Even my kids were of the late 80s early 90s generation. Myself and my wife not really into their type of teeny music but kids born in the 60s seemed to love the BCR so sad for them. A documentary a couple of years ago told about the conflicts within the band. All quite sad, RIP Mr Longmuir  😕

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was never a fan...

Having said that, we see them regularly at our rock and roll weekends (Tribute bands) and it's amazing how many of us can sing along to every song without any  problem..

R.I.P Alan Longmuir

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simple tunes, easy lyrics and really forgettable songs. But they filled a need for adolescents and still have their fans who follow the tribute bands.

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Simple tunes, easy lyrics and really forgettable songs. But they filled a need for adolescents and still have their fans who follow the tribute bands.

Never really forgot the lyrics of Bye Bye Baby...even though they were a bit trite and repetitive wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I loved the Bay City Rollers music music ... very sing-a-long ... I'm in my mid-60's & still love their music ... RIP Alan Longmuir 😞

Message 7 of 7