cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Security

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently split from my partner but still living together, i dont want them to be able to access my O2 online account to view my previous bills. The questions that are asked such as mothers maiden name, Bank details my ex partner would know and i fear they could get into my account. I know it sends a txt to my phone with a security pin, which if my ex partner picks up my phone they can get in online. Are there any additional steps i can make to ensure 'I' am the only one who can access the account online?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phone O2 on 202
And change the security questions to new ones and login pins to new ones.

This may be in my02 to do too.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you band of brothers... However, on the log on screen it gives you 3 options
Mothers maiden name
Last 4 digits of account
Last 4 numbers of bank account

You only need to answer x 1 correctly to get into the account and create a new password, for instance they know my bank account details which i am unable to change yet
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

Sometimes you will be asked for the first and second letters (for example) of your password rather than the actual password, so if you change it make sure it's a completely different word, or else changing "Wilson" to "Wilkinson" would still be correct in the above scenario....

You will need to call 202 to change your details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

As I say just give O2 CS a bell on 202 and they willChange things for you to stop anyone else accessing the account. Change your verbal password too and remove your partner as an authorised contact to access your account too.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks people... I will call O2 🙂
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.
Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks people... I will call O2 🙂

You can change these settings yourself here:

https://accounts.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8