cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMOLED panels in cars - what colour would you pick?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon this news about Jaguar developing a cat with AMOLED panels (like huge curved screens) that would allow you to change the car's bodywork colour with the touch of a button.

What do you think of this type of innovation? It might sound silly, however, this type of structural electronics also has potential positive implications for healthcare and aerospace industries, for example, beyond just picking colours.

If you had this type of car though, what colour would you choose? Cat Very Happy Mine would be summer yellow in the winter and a lavender/purple colour in the summer. ☀️💜

Colours

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure the police would be very happy with that @Marjo 

"We are chasing a red car, hang on it's yellow, now it's purple Oh forget it"....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

"We are chasing a red car, hang on it's yellow, now it's purple Oh forget it"....joy

sweat_smileopen_mouth I hadn't considered that!

I assume your car would be red @Cleoriff ? grin I remember you like your phones red!

Message 3 of 9

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That would be so handy! The mom of my boyfriend wouldn't have to buy new cars then just because she wants another colour! (It's her 3rd Corsa E now because she wanted another colour)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

sweat_smileopen_mouth I hadn't considered that!

I assume your car would be red @Cleoriff ? grin I remember you like your phones red!

Yes my car is also red @Marjo . It would be cool to change colours though. Can you just imagine what the neighbours would think? It would be 'Blimey ..another new car??!!' rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo 

Interesting but @Cleoriff makes an excellent point, I somehow think this will end up a feature you have to go to the dealer for.

My favourite colour is dark (sometimes referred to as British Racing) Green but I tend to think Black or Silver looks better on cars.

Message 6 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Nope not for me. Probably amusing for the first month or so then I would probably just stick with the one.
My best colour
Gun metal grey

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not for me... I’d rather have a push bike!
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees 

Yep, Gun Metal Grey looks nice too.

Message 9 of 9