Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A worthwhile Facebook post

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

What a great idea! Certainly better than people posting pics of food.

Pink.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

As I absolutely adore all wildlife and abhor trophy hunting and ivory poaching I actually shared this on FB months back.... A brilliant idea...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I've done the same with my teeth... But I used yellow
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I saw this a while back and it should help but taking it a step further I've seen programmes about actually dehorning rhinos to stop needless killing by poachers. I'm not too sure about this in honesty, apparently painless but I find it so sad.

What it needs is a worldwide ban on selling or even owning items made from ivory or rhino horns including the drugs made with ingredients. As these wonderful species near extinction and demand outstrips supplies poachers are willing to risk everything as prices soar.

Penalty for killing protected species should be death to the perpretator and life imprisonment for anyone buying.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I have seen that @jonsie and felt it was very Catch 22.....such a tragedy that a rhino has to be 'maimed' in that way in order to protect it....bearing in mind that rhino and elephants in the wild use horns and tusks for fighting and self preservation. Back in the day people were outraged at these beautiful animals kept in wildlife parks or zoos....now it looks as if this is the only way to keep the species alive....Tragic.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

And...I have absolutely no idea why anyone should choose to make a joke about something as serious as this...

In extremely bad taste I think. Just my opinion of course....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

No I agree, not a subject to be flippant about. I, and most people I know take this very seriously and it should be something we all care about. I'm very passionate about protecting our wildlife.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is a a bad not needed joke here, this is a serious subject which involves animals lives which is important to me

Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Kudos @Cleoriff. Kudos @jonsie. Kudos @Anonymous

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9