Did you mean: 

A few days away 🇮🇹

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I'll be off tomorrow, Friday and Monday as I will be attending a wedding in a tiny village in Tuscany! In case any of you know it, and have any suggestions of things to see there, let me know - however, with the wedding festivities, I will have little time to stroll around, if any at all sweat_smile

Map

It's going to be really hot, 35°C and 37°C on the days of the wedding and the post-wedding pool party, which is way too much for me ... any advice on how to deal with the excessive heat and make sure I can enjoy my time in the Italian countryside? 

If you need to raise anything to the Community Team during that time, @Marjo will be around; if you send me a Private Message, please keep in mind that I'll pick it up only when I'm back on Tuesday 13th August Smiley Happy

I hope you'll all have a great end of the week, and I'll be bringing you some photos back!

WaveSee you soon! Wave 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So you are trusting @Marjo to single - handedly man the fort? Not sure that is politically correct but I for one have the utmost faith in errr. ...Thoughful

It's a shame you don't have more time in Tuscany. We spent two weeks there a few years back but admit to not knowing the little village you are visiting. It's a beautiful area of Italy with so much to do and see. Especially Florence, Pisa and of course Rome. 

https://www.tripsavvy.com/top-tuscan-destinations-1548076

Have a wonderful time at the wedding. 

As for the heat, a large hat or parasol and carry bottled water around with you. Light bright tops and shorts will help you keep cool

Message 2 of 36

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie I would have gone another time, but the couple didn't take rescheduling requests Don't know

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to pack smartly, and stay hydrated! I went to Rome last Autumn but never been anywhere else in italy so Florence, Pisa, and Tuscany in general sounds wonderful ... I'll have to plan another proper holiday sometime, and I'll make sure to ask you for advice again when that time comes smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 36

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4304 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enjoy your few days away @EmilieT 

Try not to worry about us too much Wave

Message 4 of 36

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have a great time @EmilieT slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 36

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @BobM and @Mi-Amigo! - It won't be a long break but a couple of very busy days! sun

signature

Message 6 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a great time @EmilieT 

Stay in the shade as much as possible. Important to keep well hydrated. If you have a hand held fan take that with you. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 36

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Thanks! The hand held fan didn't occur to me before, but I'll see if I spot any on my way to the airport tomorrow -at 4am by the way grimacing sleeping

signature

Message 8 of 36

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 36

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie The closest airport to the village we're going to, Perugia, is reeeeeeally small and only has one flight a day to/from London so the times aren't necessarily the ones I would have picked if given a choice ... I'll be sending you some good night wishes from the South as I leave wink

signature

Message 10 of 36