Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Looks really interesting, @Bambino! I've never had a Microsoft phone myself, but I'd be curious to give this one a go when it comes out slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks interesting. Probably be one of the largest phones on the market as it states it is bigger than the Note!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Very interesting @Bambino. I'll look out for more information as I'm always interested in new phones. I'm waiting for one that woos me away from Samsung. Not seen one yet 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

The phoenix rises again!

Lets see, seems to be a variant of a PDA which were highly popular way back in the late 90's followed by the slightly obscure UMPC which led onto the rise of the Netbooks (followed by the rapid fall of the Netbook...). Which in turn gave us the now ubquitous Tablet form factor and the increasing screen size of a mobile computer phone. 

Now we're going to be seeing a resurection of the clamshell with a keyboard recently seen with Gemini PDA which is an obviously a wanted and neglected market (especially by me!) from many manufacturers as mobile phones have reached the UI (Un-interesting) stage. That and screens are seemingly cheaper to manufacture now!

This also reminds me of the cancelled MS Courier device which sadly never got past Bill Gates because, well read for yourself!

If they get the handwriting/note taking/sketching right on launch, it will sell by the truck-load to many people. I for one, will be very keen on it IF it gets released. 

Definitely got me interested if it gets released. 

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

Looks really interesting, @Bambino! I've never had a Microsoft phone myself, but I'd be curious to give this one a go when it comes out slight_smile

I had a Lumia 950, which was a great camera phone. So I was gutted when Microsoft announced that they were giving up on Windows Mobile. There's always been a lot of rumours about the possibility of a Surface phone being introduced at some point, so I'd take this latest report with a generous pinch of salt.

I had high hopes for Microsoft when they first launched Windows 10 though, and at the time, they seemed to have stolen a march on both Google and Apple, in terms of delivering one operating system that worked across all devices. But the selection of apps was poor when compared with either Android or iOS, and for whatever reason, they just couldn't get enough developers on board to address that problem.

I can't help feeling that it was another wasted opportunity for Microsoft Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite disposing of the phone division it bought from Nokia (what a travesty that was) I didn't think it would be that long before MS got back into the phone or phablet business as while Android and Apple devices can be managed with various MDM solutions I can imagine some corporates at least have been crying out to be able to extend group policy to mobile devices without any additional effort.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG link full of spam haha Sohops going nuts.

Tho had a look and more click bait to be honest

Microsoft are 50/50 tho if they had anything wise it would have been shown off at say something like E3 

Haha jks thread and posts .... 

Message 8 of 8