Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G is old news

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/5g-to-replace-digital-tv-in-ofcom-plans-as-data-doubles-50009773/

Looking to the future already:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Didn't they just give a grant to a Uni to research the idea? Will be another decade before things get into production let alone another auction.

Mind you, I've been saying it for a while (a long while ago!) that there could be a 2-tier data highway. Those willing to pay the higher price and those who don't care providing there is something wink

Message 2 of 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I like the sound of that.

Makes perfect sense.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Didn't they just give a grant to a Uni to research the idea? Will be another decade before things get into production let alone another auction.

Mind you, I've been saying it for a while (a long while ago!) that there could be a 2-tier data highway. Those willing to pay the higher price and those who don't care providing there is something wink

Way in the future I think. I agree with the two-tier platform but you can put me into the latter category!:smileywink:

Message 4 of 6

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
haha the 1st tier would encourage interesting customer service interactions I think!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Orwellian society:)

Wouldn't be allowed to have an outage for teir one though:)
Message 6 of 6