Did you mean: 

25 June is Global Beatles Day

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Did you know that today, June 25th, is Global Beatles Day?

The day was founded in 2009 and celebrates the huge influence that the Beatles had on the global society with their music, and also with their ideals. The song "All you need is love", written by John Lennon, was first performed by the Beatles on June 25th, 1967.

The Beatles

I know many of you are into music - do we have any Beatles fans here?

If so, what's your favourite album from them? 

Which song(s) do you enjoy the most?

Do you have any specific lyrics you love and would like to share?

slight_smile music 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes, @Anonymous I liked the Kinks as well. But then I was into all the British groups, the Beatles, Rolling Stones and the Kinks. Wasn't a particular fan of the Dave Clark Five to be honest. Although I did see them live in New York and have to admit they weren't half bad.

But if I have to choose then it's the Beatles and the Rolling Stones equally with the Kinks a close second.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Kinks were always one of our favourite groups. I will admit that 'You really got Me' became 'our song...along with I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher

We have seen the Kinks 4 times back in the day when they toured. Ray Davies wrote some very evocative music...either referring to the good old years or the bad times.

I used to say Dedicated Follower of Fashion could have been written about my husband with his (our) obsession with Carnaby Street joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 22