Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 573

Re: 25 June is Global Beatles Day

Yes @Cleoriff

Back in the sixties it was uncool to like the Beatles if you were a rocker....yes I was but I liked both of the bands, so different but the Beatles started off with the slicked back hair and leather jackets. And both bands found their roots in  American Blues music. The Beatles also wrote I Wanna Be Your Man for the Stones.....or maybe they just asked if they could record it?

Highlighted
Topics: 744

The Beatles wrote I Wanna Be Your Man in 1963, gave it to the Stones who released it in November 63. The Beatles then recorded it themselves on an album.

According to Wiki John Lennon was quite dismissive of it back in the day saying 'it was a throwaway...the only two versions were by Ringo and the Stones...we weren't gonna give them anything good were we? joy

You can see why he said that ...on this version by the Beatles.

Yet it was such an iconic song for the Stones...suited their style much better

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

I remember it well, I have the Stones version as both singles and album and Ringo's first solo as an album track on With The Beatles (i think?)

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

I remember it well, I have the Stones version as both singles and album and Ringo's first solo as an album track on With The Beatles (i think?)

Yes @jonsie it was on the album With the Beatles.....

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

Thanks @Cleoriff, I couldn't check because all my albums are in my son's loft. I could have Googled it but it was silly o'clock....grin

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff, I couldn't check because all my albums are in my son's loft. I could have Googled it but it was silly o'clock....grin

Well I googled it Steve...I aint that bloody clever...joy

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

There's me thinking you went straight to your vinyl collection to check.....fainting smiley

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

There's me thinking you went straight to your vinyl collection to check.....fainting smiley

My vinyl collection is in the garage...cool

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

Highlighted
Anonymous

I was never really into the Beatles  Smiley Indifferent

I always liked the Kinks, and some of their music still sounds just as fresh today. Ray Davies wrote a very successful musical (Sunny Afternoon), which was based on the band’s career, and it’s actually still relevant today in revealing how young bands have always been exploited by greedy executives in the music industry. 

According to this article there’s talk of them getting back together, and they may even play some live shows:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-kinks-reunion-new-album-2344526