Did you mean: 

25 June is Global Beatles Day

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Did you know that today, June 25th, is Global Beatles Day?

The day was founded in 2009 and celebrates the huge influence that the Beatles had on the global society with their music, and also with their ideals. The song "All you need is love", written by John Lennon, was first performed by the Beatles on June 25th, 1967.

The Beatles

I know many of you are into music - do we have any Beatles fans here?

If so, what's your favourite album from them? 

Which song(s) do you enjoy the most?

Do you have any specific lyrics you love and would like to share?

slight_smile music 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I grew up with The Beatles music & their films 

I like their early music the best

Fave album 'A Hard Day's Night'

Fave songs ... = ... 'If I Fell In Love With You' ... 'And I Love Her' ... 'Norweigan Wood'

& from a later album 'Get Back'

I like the lyrics of the 1st 2 songs mentioned above

My dear dad Roy, bless him, took me & my sister to see the film 'A Hard Day's Night' at Wolverhampton Gaumont = lots of screaming from girls in the audience

Excuse me for mentioning you @Bambino ... but I remember you posting on the forum a photo of your ticket for the Beatles at Shea Stadium, I hope I have caused you no embarrasment slight_smile

Yes, I'm a big Beatles fan music

Edited for spelling

Message 2 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I saw them. Never heard a word they sang that night, but I was there.

Raincheck.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I saw them. Never heard a word they sang that night, but I was there.

Raincheck.jpg

No doubt that was due to all the screaming @Bambino?

When you look at archive footage of them landing in the US, the crowd of females were out of control. Sobbing and screaming with hysteria. It was the same wherever they went.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I was at Shea as well, so far up in the bleachers that they literally looked like beetles. But then I saw them up close and personal at a special show held in a Brooklyn cinema. The mics didn't work and John Lennon had a few choice words to say on the subject, which made me laugh out loud, which amused him.

Even if the mics had been working, due to all the screaming I wouldn't have heard them. And to be fair I was screaming as well Bouncy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 22

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Forgot to add my favourite songs, don't have a favourite album. Songs would have to be Paperback Writer, Hard Day's Night and Hey Jude.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 22

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've always been a big Beatles fan, I was 12 when I heard their second release Please Please Me on Radio Luxembourg, transistor radio under the bedsheets so my mum and dad wouldn't hear it. Radio fading in and out as always when listening late at night to Luxembourg. From then I was hooked, bought every record they released after saving my pocket money. From memory they cost 3s 8d, that's around 34p in today's money. Posters on the wall, haircut too wink

Got the first album for Christmas (With the Beatles) and i got my favourite LP (Rubber Soul) for my birthday

One of my favourite lyrics 'In My Life' but there are too many to list.

Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Beatles were wonderful. They have written some songs that I know will be timeless and last forever.

I love Yesterday, In my Life and Hey Jude.

However do you remember the days (in the 60's) when you were either a Mod or a Rocker?

So using that as a comparison.... it was The Beatles or The Rolling Stones.

My friends were die hard Stones fans and it wasn't cool to like the Beatles. If you did, you kept it secret. LOL

So although I secretly liked them a lot, my bedroom walls were adorned with pictures of the Stones.

Although, looking back at my collection of vinyl, it's weird that I have every Beatles LP and only a few of the Stones. Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

What lovely lyrics in the song you posted @jonsie 'In My Life' ... thank you for posting slight_smile

Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My husband has just reminded me of his two favourites Eleanor Rigby and For No-one. Beautiful  song

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22