Did you mean: 

2018 Ocean Art Contest Winners

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I am a big fan of nature photography in general, but there is something especially fascinating about underwater photography earth

The winners of the 2018 Ocean Art Underwater Photo Competition were recently announced, and I thought you might like to check out some of the amazing photos that came out of it! You can find them all of the winning images on their website here, and I put a couple below to give you a sneak peek: 

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 10.31.52.png

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 10.32.01.png

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 10.33.12.png

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 10.33.36.png

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 10.33.54.png

Let me know which ones are your favourite out of all the winners and runner-ups! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

They are all fantastic @EmilieT but I love the Best of Show: the Devil Rays, 1st place: the Humpback Whale and calf and 2nd place: the paddle boarders.

Wish I could take pictures like that.

There is so much underwater life happening all the time every day. You couldn't ever run out of things to photograph.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Those are gorgeous ones, I agree @Glory1. smiling

I'm not big on swimming or going in the sea/ocean generally so these underwater photos are showing me a side of nature that I couldn't see any other way. I think that's what makes underwater photos so fascinating for me. And as you mentioned there are always new things to capture so it's a constant wonder! 🌊

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

There's some wonderful things to be seen below our oceans. (I loved Attenborough's Blue Planet)

I like the Dancing Devil Rays and the Dancing Jellyfish...and many more. All beautiful in their own way...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I love the colours in the Sharp-eared enope squid (Ancistricheirus lesseurii) photo and the clownfish eggs! And also the yellow is beautiful in "Shell Feeding". heart_eyes

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @jonsie @Marjo

I keep going back to look at more of them, including the ones you mentioned - I can't get enough of how beautiful they are. heart_eyes

I found another underwater photography contest that announced their 2018 winners recently as well, and they have some stunning photos too! You can have a look on the official Underwater Photographer of the Year website for an overview of all the winners and runner-ups if you're curious:

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 15.12.38.png

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 15.13.22.png

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 15.15.34.png

signature

Message 7 of 10

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Amazing photos @EmilieT. I love 'Lovebirds' and 'An Evening Snorkel' but they're all quite stunning.

Message 8 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The colours in Evening Snorkel are stunning, good spot @Glory1 - and great way for me to start the day smiling

signature

Message 9 of 10

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

The colours in Evening Snorkel are stunning, good spot @Glory1 - and great way for me to start the day smiling

Glad to hear it @EmilieT. The colours are what attracted me to the photo and the more I looked at it the more I liked it.

Message 10 of 10