cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 troubling phone calls from O2? or are they fakes out for something from me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I've had 2 troubling phone calls, which I thought were from the excellent O2,not flannel, I've been with O2 for a long time, as both of the men told me so, they had a good offer for me eg would I like a new phone - I'm on contract until October-time & then I will go into the town's O2 shop, recently upgraded, & talk to the people there, bringing with me any relevant paperwork

Now these men were smooth operators - the 1st backed down when I explained I was just about to eat my tea, which would have gone cold = he understood

2nd male caller, some days later, was as pleasant as the 1st one, but politely persistent, I don't like 'call centres' at the best of times, & this time upon answering my phone I really was unwell (my phone is always switched on 24/7 because I have frail parents) = (Dorro big font phone & buttons I got them PAYG) - he knew his stuff & also asked if I had any friends on PAYG = now I protect my mum & dad (in their 80's) as much as possible = they have enough on looking after each other = enough said

I somehow found the wherewithall to say to this very polite guy that'd I'd wait until my O2 contract comes up for renewal this Autumn

Some days later, I called into my local O2 shop & was informed (& I don't remember the nice O2 mans exact words) but he seemed to say it wasn't O2 really = just some sort of associated company & upon looking things up for me he came up with a bit of a shocker = £116:50 I would have been charged for the priviledge = this is not right and NO it was not mentioned by the 2nd male caller

ty the nice O2 shop man - I am known there by face if not name = what do you think?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chances are in the odds that it was o2, the franchises operate outbound sales calls but it is wise to never give any information out; if something sounds good then say you want to think about it, ask for their company name and it gives you chance to look into them, call them back and speak on your terms and not theirs.

Message 11 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23993 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

As your contract isn't due for renewal until October there's very little anyone could do anyway, even if they were genuinely from O2. If you're not comfortable dealing with these sorts of things over the phone, don't even entertain the patter. Just tell them you're not interested and hang up. When your contract is up, go through your renewal the way you've always done it. That way you'll be sure you're getting exactly what you're paying for and you won't be worried about it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all - you've put my mind at rest & given me some very, very good info & support

Now, I'm gonna see about this join us for a virtual pint & I don't drink alcohol generally only for a good reason & then its brandy + dry ginger + 2 ice cubes ..... a long quaft of the waft would be a Crabbies strawberry with lots of ice in the VENUE Music & Sports, in Skipton, with one of their home-made nicely thin crust, 12" pizza with real bacon & mushroom on = yummy or what? & no washing up as it comes on a nice wooden paddle .....

Wispa

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Enjoy.

wink
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all - you've put my mind at rest & given me some very, very good info & support

Now, I'm gonna see about this join us for a virtual pint & I don't drink alcohol generally only for a good reason & then its brandy + dry ginger + 2 ice cubes ..... a long quaft of the waft would be a Crabbies strawberry with lots of ice in the VENUE Music & Sports, in Skipton, with one of their home-made nicely thin crust, 12" pizza with real bacon & mushroom on = yummy or what? & no washing up as it comes on a nice wooden paddle .....

Wispa

You'll be very welcome in Wanty's but bring me a slice of that pizza wink

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie - yer on with the pizza thing ..... I'll box a whole pizza up & have it personally delivered to you PDQ - owzat? Cat Very Happy

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Perfect...not had pizza for 5 months!Dance they are just totally tasteless and unappetising in ThailandWeird

Message 17 of 17