cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 troubling phone calls from O2? or are they fakes out for something from me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I've had 2 troubling phone calls, which I thought were from the excellent O2,not flannel, I've been with O2 for a long time, as both of the men told me so, they had a good offer for me eg would I like a new phone - I'm on contract until October-time & then I will go into the town's O2 shop, recently upgraded, & talk to the people there, bringing with me any relevant paperwork

Now these men were smooth operators - the 1st backed down when I explained I was just about to eat my tea, which would have gone cold = he understood

2nd male caller, some days later, was as pleasant as the 1st one, but politely persistent, I don't like 'call centres' at the best of times, & this time upon answering my phone I really was unwell (my phone is always switched on 24/7 because I have frail parents) = (Dorro big font phone & buttons I got them PAYG) - he knew his stuff & also asked if I had any friends on PAYG = now I protect my mum & dad (in their 80's) as much as possible = they have enough on looking after each other = enough said

I somehow found the wherewithall to say to this very polite guy that'd I'd wait until my O2 contract comes up for renewal this Autumn

Some days later, I called into my local O2 shop & was informed (& I don't remember the nice O2 mans exact words) but he seemed to say it wasn't O2 really = just some sort of associated company & upon looking things up for me he came up with a bit of a shocker = £116:50 I would have been charged for the priviledge = this is not right and NO it was not mentioned by the 2nd male caller

ty the nice O2 shop man - I am known there by face if not name = what do you think?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 do use trusted associated partners.

I always advocate either looking in your myo2, ringing CS on 202, visiting an O2 shop and independent to upgrade / open up a new contract but never from a cold call.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
ty band of brothers
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Maybe speaking to O2 retentions also may yield a better deal.

Lots of offers and deals out there !
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
ty again band of brothers, but in life I like to keep things simple stupid & I can't comprehend stuff like what you suggest, BUT I will try when I feel able to slight_smile
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
In that case possibly stay with contacting O2 via 202 or visit your local O2 store.

Simple and clean.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Speaking to retention is basically the same as just speaking to customer service you just get better deals wink
Message 7 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149395 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Wispa, I know you trust me so please listen when I say this... Do not , ever, give any of your details to anyone who calls you.
If you want to deal with O2 call them yourself from your phone or go into your local store.
Never enter into a convo with anyone who calls you and simply hang up on them (don't worry about being rude as they get this all the time and are trained to be persistent and talk you into something you don't really want).
Feel free to contact me if you have any problems or concerns...
This applies to any cold calls you receive and not just those pretending to be from O2. You may get them pretending to be from your bank, gas/electric supplier, etc.
Always hang up immediately and if you want to contact the company they say they are from to check, always call from a different phone, or wait at least half an hour before calling as sometimes these con artists stay on the phone to catch you calling the real company back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never give any details to someone who calls me unless I am expecting the call and even then I get them to give me some of my security details I've had a few who won't so I just hang up
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sound move. wink
Message 10 of 17