Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 - 04 -12 13:06

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35746 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

What was happening where you were on that day in April, 2012?

I must have been annoyed about something O2, as that's the date and time of my registration here on the O2 Community Forum.

Where would I have rather been?  Lots of places - but the Museum of Modern Art in New York was hosting a Kraftwerk retrospective, if you remember them - the electronic music band started in the 70s. 3D-glasses were handed out at that event, which spanned 8 days!

Here's a little bit of history from YouTube as a reminder, with a wonderful collage of man-made androids, robots and similar imagery that is pretty good. 

Quite a few there that I recognise, although I can't see Seven of Nine or Max Headroom in there... tongue_winking

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

You must feel very safe sleeping while Harrison Ford and Kit Harrington are watching over you @Anonymous! grin I have 2 drawings on my wall, one of my cat Arthur and one of my other cat Drake. Drawn and framed by a talented friend. slight_smile

Stephen King was my favourite too @Cleoriff. slight_smile Still is one of my favourites actually.

Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

You must feel very safe sleeping while Harrison Ford and Kit Harrington are watching over you @Anonymous! grin I have 2 drawings on my wall, one of my cat Arthur and one of my other cat Drake. Drawn and framed by a talented friend. slight_smile

I settle down to sleep looking at photos of my son & his wife & photos of Marty my cat & Wispa my previous cat ... then turn to face the wall where Harrison Ford & Kit Harrington are ... tee hee hee, yes @Marjo hadn't thought of feeling safe while they are watching over me ... luv it Bouncy

Message 22 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sounds lovely! grin On another wall I have a framed scenery from San Francisco that I visited a few times and loved. However when lying on the bed in semi-darkness the glass cover reflects random things and it looks a bit creepy. I might change it. tongue

Message 23 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

However when lying on the bed in semi-darkness the glass cover reflects random things and it looks a bit creepy. I might change it. tongue

Please do @Marjo it could be Pennywise, or even worse The Candyman. 😂😂😭

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

However when lying on the bed in semi-darkness the glass cover reflects random things and it looks a bit creepy. I might change it. tongue

Please do @Marjo it could be Pennywise, or even worse The Candyman. 😂😂😭

In my case probably something horrific from films like The Eye that I used to watch because I couldn't resist, and then was scared of everything that moved (or didn't move) that I saw in my peripheral vision for a month after. Fear

Message 25 of 31

pgn
  • 35746 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions
Woohoo, moved from Radiant to Regular, @jonsie - I'd better keep the shredded wheat handy tongue_winking
Message 26 of 31

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Woohoo, moved from Radiant to Regular, @jonsie - I'd better keep the shredded wheat handy tongue_winking

Well I've posted this elsewhere but it might be more useful here now 😂😂

Confidence-Adult-Diaper-Premium1.png

Message 27 of 31

pgn
  • 35746 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Don't believe the "breathable" bit - guaranteed to make you gag laughing

Message 28 of 31

jonsie