cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Things I Love about SUMMER!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely nothing, it's just as tiresome as the other three seasons, if not more so. 

So not 10 things I love...  it's now 10 things I absolutely detest about it.

1. Flies, Wasps & other stupid things that come in to your airspace, to annoy or just for a pointless chomp on you. Irritating as *bleep*!

2. Then there are those people who are really scared of flies, wasps & other stupid things who start flapping & it making worse for the rest of us. Also irritating as *bleep*!

3. Half naked people. Yeah it gets a little hotter this time of year, but do i really need to see your cellulite? Whether it's women bursting out of hot pants or men with it all hanging out, ugh give it a rest you irritating *bleep* we don't need it!

4. Ice Cream Van. It used to be a joy to see that senile old guy driving at 10 mph round the estate touting for business. These days he does a drive by at 40mph (if you're lucky) & unless you stand directly in his path he's off again. I'm sure he just drives round our way just to *bleep* me off.. yeah it works.. he's irritating as *bleep* too.

5. The School holidays. Ugh, don't get me started. As if it isn't bad enough that the little *bleep* walk past mine making noise at stupid o'clock in the morning, now I have to put up with it all *bleep*ing day. If the little *bleep* aren't dropping litter & shouting all the time, they're riding motorbikes up & down the street, over the gardens & on the wasteground behind us. And it's not like they haven't had a year off already. Irritating as *bleep*.

Do you know what... My blood is boiling typing this *bleep*.. If I sit here & think any more i'm going to explode. So i'll let you decide the rest.

I didn't realise how much I hate about summer till @TheresaV made me think of it, so thanks for that. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@TheresaV Add to the public bus in summer: people who decide to use spray deodarant abundantly the moment they get on the bus. Thankfully, I drive these days. 

Also add: using nail clippers. The sound of tick tick ping is one of the most annoying sounds ever and probably the only sound in existence that can be heard at the other end of a busy bus or train. Doesn't help when I have rather thick toe nails rofl

Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
All additions are welcome. Public transport is a minefield of bad breath & body odour @TheresaV .. I only use it if I have to. ugh
Message 22 of 33

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I would like to add .. 1 more @Anonymous
On a lovely summers days with the bees and birds all happily flying around the sweet scented flowers THEN...horror
Plumes of acrid smelling smoke that comes from those Barbies that are never cleaned 😫
Thank you for a look at summer horrors🤭

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 23 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
True!
Message 24 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great thread @Anonymous yahoo

I didn't realise there was so much to hate about summer. yahoo

One more pet peeve from me.

Holiday accommodation in the UK in summer. Why do the prices rise so much you would need to take out a second mortgage??

Luckily we know someone with a static caravan on the East coast and may take advantage of their offer later in the year.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another good one. I don't think that's just a UK problem tho. I've often heard people moaning about the cost in the school holidays vs pre/post school holidays.
Message 26 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Another good one. I don't think that's just a UK problem tho. I've often heard people moaning about the cost in the school holidays vs pre/post school holidays.

Totally agree with that. Nearly 50% higher in school holidays and that includes half term in Feb and Oct!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 33

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

.....Luckily we know someone with a static caravan on the East coast and may take advantage of their offer later in the year.....

I know where you're coming from here - we've had more family guests at our home in the Lake District in the last year than in the decade before in our old home in Essex. A family member got quoted £1500 for six nights for a 3-bed place locally.....

( And no, of course they aren't paying us )

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 28 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's shocking @Projectionist! I expected some sort of price hike as companies have lost 18 months of business but more fool the people who would pay that price for 6 days!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 33

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

That's shocking @Projectionist! I expected some sort of price hike as companies have lost 18 months of business but more fool the people who would pay that price for 6 days!

The situation creates other social problems beyond those foolish enough to pay that kind of money - there have been cases locally of people being served a Section 21 notice of eviction, in order to make the property available for holiday letting - absolutely revolting behavior from landlords, who deserve to be ostracised from the community.

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 30 of 33