cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Things I Love about SUMMER!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely nothing, it's just as tiresome as the other three seasons, if not more so. 

So not 10 things I love...  it's now 10 things I absolutely detest about it.

1. Flies, Wasps & other stupid things that come in to your airspace, to annoy or just for a pointless chomp on you. Irritating as *bleep*!

2. Then there are those people who are really scared of flies, wasps & other stupid things who start flapping & it making worse for the rest of us. Also irritating as *bleep*!

3. Half naked people. Yeah it gets a little hotter this time of year, but do i really need to see your cellulite? Whether it's women bursting out of hot pants or men with it all hanging out, ugh give it a rest you irritating *bleep* we don't need it!

4. Ice Cream Van. It used to be a joy to see that senile old guy driving at 10 mph round the estate touting for business. These days he does a drive by at 40mph (if you're lucky) & unless you stand directly in his path he's off again. I'm sure he just drives round our way just to *bleep* me off.. yeah it works.. he's irritating as *bleep* too.

5. The School holidays. Ugh, don't get me started. As if it isn't bad enough that the little *bleep* walk past mine making noise at stupid o'clock in the morning, now I have to put up with it all *bleep*ing day. If the little *bleep* aren't dropping litter & shouting all the time, they're riding motorbikes up & down the street, over the gardens & on the wasteground behind us. And it's not like they haven't had a year off already. Irritating as *bleep*.

Do you know what... My blood is boiling typing this *bleep*.. If I sit here & think any more i'm going to explode. So i'll let you decide the rest.

I didn't realise how much I hate about summer till @TheresaV made me think of it, so thanks for that. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Not tried Nuii yet. I've been told not to buy anything for the freezer because it needs er, defrosting first. Like that's going to stop me 🙂

Message 11 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sheepdog 

Just one of the many flavours of Nuii

nuii.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 33

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Not to worry @sheepdog Nuii won't be in there long 🤣
I like the 6 in a box 3 different flavours each one is smaller than the full size but you can have 2 for a treat 😉

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

tbf i've never heard of Nuii, but @TallTrees 

AND flip flops housing sweaty feet.

I'm not sure which is worse seeing socks & sandals/flip flops or seeing peoples feet.. feet are ugly full stop, mine, yours.. everyones!

Message 14 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Now that's what I call Summer Love, @Anonymous 🤦‍♂️🤣

Midges. They get *everywhere*! And this year, horseflies - experienced them in the summer in Germany and Switzerland, but not so much here... Until this year! Peppermint oil dabbed on arms or neck seems to dissuade the bloodthirsty b*gg*rs, but...
Message 15 of 33

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Good idea @pgn
I don't like midge spray..Will look out for peppermint oil.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Peppermint oil against horseflies @TallTrees - not sure what would keep midges out of getting stuck in on your scalp...
Message 17 of 33

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
OK understand.. @pgn
Well not much does seem to deter midges they get you one place or another😉

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 18 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great thread @Anonymous! I'd like to add Horse Flies to the list of stupid flying things. They have the worst bites rage

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 33

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I would actually like to add public transport to that list. Being on a bus in summer (especially wearing a mask) is something I would happily miss out on sweat_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 33