Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Summer Solstice at Stonehenge Will Be Livestreamed This Year | DestinAsian

Good Morning everyone. Today is the Longest day, or Summer Solstice

So it seemed a great time to do another One Sentence Story

This one is about The Summer Solstice and you may recognise one or two people involved.

It's your story so make it as mad, silly, weird, funny or creepy as you like.

You are only allowed to post one sentence and then wait for the next person to post another sentence before posting again.

I hope our regulars @pgn @TallTrees @MI5 @Anonymous  @gmarkj  @LukasB @TheresaV @Martin-O2 @Chris_K (and anyone I've missed, will join in) yahoo

I've set the scene below, so away we go......

Four friends - Marty, Luke, Terry (who was a girl called Theresa but hated the name, so Terry it was) and Chris took a trip to Stonehenge to watch the sunset at Summer Solstice. They stayed at a little village called Goreshead.

Before the sunset at 21.27, the friends decided to take part in a quiz at a very weird pub called

A Stab in The Dark.

Weird because despite the sun outside, the pub was dark and quite dingy. The lights were on even though the sun was out..

When they arrived they were welcomed by the Manager and his two bar staff. The Manager was called Peter Jones, but preferred to be known as  Pee Jean. He was rather funny looking as he said he was unable to get a haircut since lockdown , he fancied himself as a wordsmith and always took part in the pub quizzes. His two bar staff were Gill Shortbush (who kept bees) and Denny Riffraff (who kept cats….and was pretty good at doing the Timewarp).

The pub was quite full and on the stage was the Quizmaster called Miami-Jo. He was a real character surrounded by books and his quiz questions. Renowned for setting hard questions, as he was fed up of PeeJean, Gill Shortbush and Denny Riffraff winning every time.

Everyone gets drinks from the bar and with  that, a bell rings and the quiz starts.

Luke mutters to his friends..'Look if you don't know the answer, stop putting my name down all the time, I feel stupid'. Terry, Marty and Chris laugh and say, "well you are stupid Lukey boy". Luke kicks Terry's leg under the table and says he will pay her back for that one  day.

The quiz starts and the first two questions were easy. Everyone scribbled their answers down. Then the quiz got harder with a chemistry question being asked.

Suddenly there was a big bang and the lights went out

People reached for their phones to get some light but nothing worked.

5 minutes later the lights came on. The rest of the customers seemed frozen, they weren't moving.

An almighty scream was heard from Terry who pointed at Miami Jo who lay slumped over the table with his head caved in.

In front of Miami Jo was another table which held a hammer, an axe, a knife and a lead pipe...and then.......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Terry screamed when she saw the blood and hid behind Luke, who said "We`re geniuses! We can solve who killed Miami Jo". At which point, the frozen customers woke up, dazed and confused, and asked "What`s happened?"

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

"Miami Jo's been killed", yelled Marty, "look at the blood, look at his head, look at the gore" (Goreshead see)...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 93

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"Never mind the blood and the gore" said Terry, stamping her foot in temper, "We came to see the summer solstice not get caught up in a murder"....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 93

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
All the unfrozen customers crowd around to see what Marty was shouting about they were shocked and frightened. One shook Miami Jo and his head rolled on to the floor.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Chris said," we can see the sunset, we can take Miami Jo with us in a wheelbarrow as magical things happen when the sun goes down at Stonehenge".....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 93

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So, Marty went on to pick up Miami Jo's head when he discovered that...

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 93

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

...her hair was a wig! How to get ahead...

Message 8 of 93

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

There were two heads so who else said Gill Shortbush....screaming 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It wasn't Miami Jo's head at all. It belonged to a guy called M69, who had been counting all his phones, and it was his head which had fallen off... Miami Jo's head was still on but caved in...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 93