🚫⚽️The Anti Football Football Club ⚽️🚫

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

pexels-jeshootscom-1201996.jpg

Hey guys,

how are we doing today? Tonight there will be a big big game: England vs Germany!

I know this will be slightly controversial but with everyone going crazy about the EUROS I was thinking: What do other people like me - who absolutely do not care about football - do when the games are on?

I am looking for inspiration. All my friends will be watching the game tonight but I will absolutely NOT 😂

During the last world cup I made it a habit of going on eBay and bidding on things as no one seemed to be bidding against me.

Where are my anti football fans? What are you watching tonight? Do you have a favourite “while football is on” hobby? Join me in my new kind of football club and share ideas. 🚫🚫🚫🚫

And please no conversion attempts. I let you fans watch it, please let me be against it 😂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@TheresaV 

Had you watched the news last night, it was headlined. We rarely, if ever beat Germany in Football. It's probably right to say Germany have always been Englands nemesis.

Wembley crowds were lifting the roof and it was being watched in various pubs and venues throughout the country. When we scored that second goal, you would have thought we'd won the World Cup..

Cheers and tears. Such emotion.

After suffering all this time in lockdown and restrictions,  it was so uplifting really. I bet some people partied through the night. rofl

If we lose our next game on Saturday, it will be a shame but it won't matter because last night we beat Germany. soccer

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 77

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I have seen so many people on social media celebrating @Cleoriff and even though I am not a football fan myself, I think it's nice when people enjoy themselves celebrating this, especially after the past year. And I do think a lot of people needed a bit of a positive boost with how it's going at the moment. So, yeah, my family is probably plotting to disown me, but I have to say I am happy you guys won smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 22 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheresaV That's really nice of you to say that, but I'm glad you lost! rofl

Message 23 of 77

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25581 Posts
  • 855 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV for such a nice post; especially after I took the mickey out of your viewing

Yes the country needed a lift and after lockdown and what better than such an occasion and seeing our arch-rivals Germany being beaten by England - for the first time in 55 years; since the 1966 World Cup...  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 77

MI5
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

for the first time in 55 years; since the 1966 World Cup...  

Should clarify that statement with "in a knockout tournament tie".

We have beaten them a few times in qualifying rounds and friendlies slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 77

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25581 Posts
  • 855 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

We have beaten them a few times in qualifying rounds and friendlies slight_smile

True @MI5 

Its the knockout tournaments - Euro and World Cup - which brought so much heartbreak

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo What about the qualifying stages of the 2002 World Cup?

Germany 1-5 England - 1/9/2001- In Munich. Drum

Message 27 of 77

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I am glad you guys are glad that we lost @Anonymous @Mi-Amigo @MI5 rofl rofl rofl

You deserved it though, big time wink

signature

Message 28 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet @LukasB is chuffed that his Anti-Football thread has become a Pro-Football thread. rofl 

@LukasB There's always the tennis...

Message 29 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Yes we have...look here and I remember the match. It was in the World Cup

On 1 September 2001 Germany met England during the qualifying stages of the 2002 World Cup, at the Olympiastadion in Munich. England won the game 5–1, helped by a hat-trick from Michael Owen.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 77