❤️ Valentine's Day Baking ❤️

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hello everyone,

First of all - Happy Valentine's Day everyone! heart heart heart

Coming to the end of Love Week, I am glad to share something with you that I love to do - Baking.
I am sure almost everyone of you has baked something for someone else before. For a birthday, biscuits for Christmas or just a little treat to cheer your friend up. I personally think that especially Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be all about your partners, but also about your friends and family. Which is why this year I have decided to (at least I was planning to) make something special for the two people who are dearest to me (and not live on the other end of the world). 

Firstly, following up on my post on Monday, I was planning on making these chocolate treats for my best friend, until I found out that he is currently on a diet and would not be very happy for me ruining it (maybe some of you know who that is). So that was scrapped and he is getting a card now. Your loss joy

So, instead I made a cake. And this might be more of a selfish cake than a gift because it is for my partner and I bet you I can eat quicker than him. But I have been wanting to try this cake for a while. It’s from Nadiya Hussain’s most recent baking book to which I watched her series on BBC. I decided to kitsch it up for the occasion and make it in a heart shape, because that’s how extra I am. So, this is it in all its glory and you can find the recipe here.

IMG_20210213_124106_resized_20210214_094825142.jpg

It turned out really well but I have to say I probably won't be making it again, at least not in my kitchen which is way too small for it joy It was hard finding space for all the separate biscuit sheets at one point so some of them actually landed in my living room together with at least a cup of flour spread across the flat upside_down But this cake does taste absolutely delicious and is very well worth trying if you like to bake and/or want to make something a bit special wink

Do you have a favourite recipe to show your appreciation to someone? Have you made something for Valentine’s Day? If yes, please share it (maybe even with a picture?) so that I can steal it from you joy

And whether you celebrate Valentine's Day or not - I hope you have a lovely day today and treat yourself to some cake, cause you deserve it wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought Valentine was about making bacon, not cakes!!!
(Although cakes are great too!)
Message 31 of 32

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought Valentine was about making bacon...

The Great British BacOn ? @Anonymous LOL

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 32