cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

☀️🌴 Summer on the O2 community 🌴☀️: Your favourite cool drink?

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Summer on the community.png

Hey guys,

as part of our “Summer in the O2 Community” thread we want to see out summer with a bang and post a series of topics related to all things summer time throughout the month!  We'll be posting a summer themed topic every other day for the next month and we'd love to get some input from community members! We already have some volunteers to create content and have a rough list of topics that will be posted. If you'd like to get involved and share some thoughts on summer time, drop me a private message or post below.

pexels-photo-2983100.jpegWhat is your favourite cool drink?

This will probably be the hottest week of the year. Sizzling sun calls for chilled refreshments. So I want to know what is your favourite cool drink?

My personal favourite, general all year remedy and just the most delicious drink of all is an ice cold coke.

But I am pretty sure that we have a lot of fans of a beverage called beer on here. Or are you more sophisticated and like a good glass of G&T or an Aperol Spritz? Do you like your water sparkling or still? And lets settle an age old question: Do you put ice cubes in red wine during the summer?

I want to know what drinks keep you cool during the hot season. What is your lifesaver during hot days? And please share what helps you coping with the heat… I need your help not to melt.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Water is the obvious one. Problem is, I don't like it, so tend to drink flavoured still water such as Lemon and Lime.

Fizzy drinks are an absolute no go! They generally contain caffeine which is a diuretic (makes you pee more) so is not helpful in hydration. Such a shame as my favourite fizzy drinks are Fanta Orange and Lemonade.

I like Iced tea, which isn't particularly healthy but does cool me down.

Also despite any old wives tales, normal decaffeinated hot tea is very refreshing.

Alcohol (very sadly) is on the list of drinks to avoid in the heat. It increases dehydration.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 31

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff Iced tea is such a good shout! Im going to make some today! Thanks! Do you have any recipes? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LukasB 

I normally buy cans or bottles of Nestle Iced tea.

POZNAN, POLAND - JAN 18, 2017: Nestea Is A Brand Of Iced Tea ...

Amazon.com: Nestle S.A NLE444222 Nestea Canned Iced Tea Beverage ...

BBC Good Food do a nice recipe though, if catering for a lot of people

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-make-iced-tea 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 31

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff haha I was too scared to say I would just buy one joy I love the lemon ice tea - it is so good!

@Marjo your favourite summer drink is hot coffee isn't it? joy

signature

Message 5 of 31

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I prefer San Pelligrino either Aranciata or Aranciata Rossa although any flavour will do..  I fell in love with it whilst working in Rome over a hot summer.... 

Although from Starbucks i love there Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino, perfect on a hot day slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 31

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Oh yes @madasaf1sh they are amazing!!!! Allthough the lemon one is not my favourite! joy

How many have you had in the last few days? 

signature

Message 7 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@madasaf1sh those exact ones are one of my favourites, the can in the picture you posted! I ordered a crate of these a few weeks ago. The only issue for me is that fizzy drinks are bad for the teeth so I should reduce my intake...

@LukasB Hot coffee is always my favourite be it a hot or a cold day. joy But I have to say it doesn't help with the heat. When Costa reopened after the lockdown they came to my street, knocked on doors and gave 2 free cans of "welcome back" iced latte and iced americano. The latte was excellent especially after I refridgerated it for a while.

Oh and ice cubes in red wine? NO. nauseated_face (in my humble opinion, although I haven't tried... wouldn't it dilute it)

Message 8 of 31

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, might not be the healthiest, or wisest, option but in hot weather I do like a long glass of Fanta Orange or Pepsi... 

I love a cup of black tea - no milk no sugar - no matter what the weather and find it quite refreshing in the warmer weather.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 31

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Pepsi? Really?

signature

Message 10 of 31