cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

☀️🌴 Summer on the O2 community 🌴☀️: Your favourite cool drink?

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Summer on the community.png

Hey guys,

as part of our “Summer in the O2 Community” thread we want to see out summer with a bang and post a series of topics related to all things summer time throughout the month!  We'll be posting a summer themed topic every other day for the next month and we'd love to get some input from community members! We already have some volunteers to create content and have a rough list of topics that will be posted. If you'd like to get involved and share some thoughts on summer time, drop me a private message or post below.

pexels-photo-2983100.jpegWhat is your favourite cool drink?

This will probably be the hottest week of the year. Sizzling sun calls for chilled refreshments. So I want to know what is your favourite cool drink?

My personal favourite, general all year remedy and just the most delicious drink of all is an ice cold coke.

But I am pretty sure that we have a lot of fans of a beverage called beer on here. Or are you more sophisticated and like a good glass of G&T or an Aperol Spritz? Do you like your water sparkling or still? And lets settle an age old question: Do you put ice cubes in red wine during the summer?

I want to know what drinks keep you cool during the hot season. What is your lifesaver during hot days? And please share what helps you coping with the heat… I need your help not to melt.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @LukasB
Bit late to the party 🤓 ...sorry
Today was horrendous searing heat sizzling everything.
I am a light drinker of fluids, so have to consciously think to drink. What I drink no one else likes...I don't like sweet drinks and no artificial sweeteners, no fizzy drinks. I squeeze half a lemon or half a lime into a glass then small amount of either Bottle green elderflower cordial or Belvoir ginger cordial then add water. The lemon or lime juice reduces the sweetness. I can drink one lemon squeezed and add water.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 21 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I Know @jonsie   upside_down

I do drink coffee and tea (no sugar)

that's sort of normal nerd

Don't know what I'd do if came back as a Humming Bird!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 23 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just think whatever we drink, prepare to get gallons of it ready! Just gone 8am and already 23c!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 31

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@TallTrees that is pretty hardcore - half a lemon urghhhhh joy

@Cleoriff I know I already had 1.5l of water

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 31

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Good @Cleoriff  I think I need to drink about 3 Ltrs min? per day ~  I try to get that in at least ~ sit in evening with glass of water now extra.  Yesterday was horrendous read your remark ~ "can't stand it"  correct it was about 30c constant there was a deathly silence whilst everything "curled up"   no rain ~ not enough oxygen to feed my brain ~ brain was scrammbled completely at 9pm!

Yeh @LukasB  

one benefit no one else drinks it so always there!

Stay cool ~ Nearly impossiblecool   cool    cool

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 26 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees  2-3 litres at least. All depending on what you are doing of course.

My other half went bowling yesterday at 2pm. Finished at 5pm. Had 'a funny turn' at the end and had to wait an hour in the cool before he was safe to drive the car home!

Did he have a drink of any type of fluid at all?? NO!!

I have told him he won't go again unless he has water with him!!

Damn fool!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 31

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Absolutely @Cleoriff
I was good yesterday kept remembering to drink but at 9pm I felt really poorly...and I wasn't playing around either 🤭 naughty boy..it is very dangerous actually and we don't consider it enough.
I went straight to bed feeling awful with a glass of water fell asleep through until 4am ....I think it was heat exhaustion.
Couldn't cool down enough yesterday... up early 🙃 watered plants in pots 6AM extremely hot 30c again today...trying to stay cool. Relentless heat.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 28 of 31

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thanks to @MI5  

His suggestion of how to stay cool this summer I froze some whizzed up peaches into cubes and added them to cordial drinks so nice👍

20200812_102358.jpg

•  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 29 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Thanks to @MI5  

His suggestion of how to stay cool this summer I froze some whizzed up peaches into cubes and added them to cordial drinks so nice👍

Those look amazing @TallTrees , I would have never come up with that. I've been considering getting one of those ice cube trays. Could this work if you mash up different fruits/berries into a smoothie and then freeze in that tray? I think it sounds delicious!

Message 30 of 31