☀️🌴 Favourite type of summer weather? 🌴☀️

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Summer on the community

Hey everyone, 

The British weather can be unpredictable at the best of times and the summer time is no exception! With the recent heatwave and the following storms and cooler weather we've seen a lot of variety from mother nature in just a few short weeks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 16.46.30.png

Everyone has their own comfort zone when it comes to the weather, some love it hot an humid and others prefer a good summer rain storm. What's your ideal weather for summer time? Are you a fan of the recent hot weather we've had, do you prefer it a bit cooler and what are your thoughts on rain and storms? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I used to be such a sun worshipper @Martin-O2. I remember times on holiday, I was happy to lie on a sunbed by the pool from 9am -6pm!!

Now I can't stand it for any length of time. I think 23c is as high as I can tolerate.

However, I do love the long light days and evenings where I can enjoy my garden.

I suppose that's old age for you yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting subject @Martin-O2 

I love warm weather but, on occasions during the recent hot spell have found it a little uncomfortable.

I suppose, as @Cleoriff said, this could be down to old age.

I don`t like the wind - whether it`s a full-blown gale or gentler breeze [dates back to my childhood, as far as I know, as my Mum and Gran used to say I`d moan about the windy days when I was a kid].

Still, no doubt, some of us. including me, will be grumbling about the cold in a couple of months time, until then, I`ll enjoy the sunny days.... sun   

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I am quite happy for 20-23 and sun.
Much more than that and I am not comfortable.
Rain now and then is quite ok too, so long as it's not when I am trying to get anything done!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I've never been a sunbather but I do enjoy a sunny day, as long as I can find a bit of shade. 

I felt the same about the recent hot spell @Mi-Amigo. It was too much and I'm not a fan of it being over 25c when I'm trying to sleep! 

@jonsie did you need to get used to the Thai weather when you first moved there or were you loving it from day one? 

I'm the same as you @gmarkj. 20-25ish is a good temperature, much more then that and I'm suffering. I do love a good summer storm though! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

The joy about sunbathing round the pool (where I had my apartment), every 2 sunbeds had a tiki sun umbrella. So if you wanted shade then just pull the sunbed underneath.

Amazon.com : CASTLECREEK 9 foot Thatched Tiki Umbrella : Patio Umbrellas :  Patio, Lawn & Garden | Tiki umbrella, Offset patio umbrella, Patio umbrella

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Perfect @Cleoriff! You'd find me under that with a cool drink. cool

signature

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warm, sunny with a gentle breeze is my perfect summer weather 21c

Any hotter and I have to walk or do work in it then I suffer a bit

I do enjoy sitting at my table outside in the yard and read a book in the sunshine

Am going to see a few friends today in someones garden ... hoping it stays fine

Rain at night for things to grow ... warm sunshine in the day.

Message 9 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous smiling I do like it when it's raining and I'm tucked up warm in bed! 

signature

Message 10 of 16