cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win tickets to see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at the Luna outdoor cinema!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Competition now closed. 

Hey everyone, 

We have another fantastic competition with Priority which gives you the opportunity to win a pair of tickets to see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at the Luna outdoor cinema

Priority has hired out the Luna outdoor cinema, Victoria Embankment Gardens, London for a screening of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri exclusively for Priority customers and they have provided 2 pairs of tickets just for O2 Community members! 

The screening is on the 22nd May 2018 and there are 2 pairs of tickets available so that's 2 potential winners from the Community! 

As this event is open air and the UK weather can be a little unpredictable we would advise you to prepare for rain and also take a look at the rules of the venue before entering. 

To be in with a chance of winning one of the pairs simply comment below and let us know the most memorable cinema experience you've ever had. This could have been because of the film you saw, who you went with or because something out of the ordinary happened! 

The winner will then be picked at random from all participants. The competition will run from the time of posting until 5pm on Wednesday the 16th May 2018, so make sure you comment before then! Be sure to have a quick read of terms and conditions before you enter. wink

Best of luck everyone! smiling

Competition now closed. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought this was a competition to see the actual billboards outside Ebbing, Mo, and got all excited.

Most memorable cinema experience.

Going to see Pink Floyd - The Wall the day after  the film's official premiere at the Empire, Leicester Square London, on 15 July 1982

Seeing Diva by Jean-Jacques Beineix sometime in the early eighties at an arthouse in London, and hearing this.

Going to see Lilya-4-Ever a bleak and realistic portrayal of a teenage Russian girl, human trafficed from a life of poverty in Russia, to a life of forced prostitution and eventual suicide in Sweden. A film with almost no redemptive elements that even the director said got away from them on the hopelessness front, at the Clapham Picture House in 2003. People staggered out.

Seeing Evita at a big IMAX near Broadway in Manhattan in 1995 only showing to make it Oscar eligible.

Going to see a preview of Human Traffic at Soho House Private Cinema in Soho in 99 - Nice One Bruv!!

Can't use tickets as I'm oop north now.

Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or did you mean most memorable experience in venues that are, or once were, cinemas @Martin-O2?

If so....

Hammersmith Odeon

• Marillion
  • Frankie goes to Hollywood
  • Level 42
  • Laurie Anderson
  • Twelfth Night (best performance by a support act)
  • Van Morrison
  • Pallas (Sucked)
  • Sky (Really Sucked)

Dominion Tottenham Court Road

• Kid Creole & the Coconuts
  • Manfred Mann's Earth Band. (Surprisingly good during the Paul Jones years)

Fridge Brixton

• Soul II Soul club nights (1988 - A happy face, a thumpin' bass, for a lovin' race.)
  • Escape from Samsara. (Messy)

Brixton Academy

• The Smiths
  • Billy Bragg
  • Communards
  • Leftfield

Camden Palace 

• Peach (Very Very Messy)
  • Tidy

Town & Country Club,

• The Christians 
  • Van Morrison

Intresting how many of these are now sponsored by O2

I also had a lot more memorable nights in venues that weren't once cinemas notably Hammersmith Palais, Wembley Arena & Stadium, Earls Court, Docklands Arena, Crystal Palace and Milton Keynes Bowls. Also Heaven, A venue on Charing Cross Road (First Ever Hed Kandi night) Sahara's in Lewisham & Watershed in Wimbledon, Ceasers Streatham, The Boat, the Quay, Bahas and Stereo in Newcastle. Garlands, Society, Living Room, G Bar in Liverpool ; Pacha, Fabric, Turnmills, The End, Egg, Canvas & The Key, Purple Stanford Bridge. Lots of Revolutions, The Room Manchester, Park Hall, Mr Smiths & the one in Blackpool. ROH, Albert Hall, London Collusium, RFH, Kenwood House, Beat Herder at Sawley, and The Cross, in the UK.....Highlights of my international nocturnal peregrinations include Bhudda Bar Paris, Twillo in Manhattan, Spagos Beverley Hills Various Balearic, Catalan and Canarian venues.

Something of a Nightowl in fact 😁😵💃🙌

Message 3 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The most memorable film I ever saw was The Rocky Horror Picture Show when it was first released in 1975.

In London for a long weekend, we decided to give it a try. Most outrageously brilliant film I've ever seen.

We realised when they transferred this to the stage it would have a cult following. We were correct.

43 years on it is the longest running theatrical release in film history and now has a massive international fan base. It still packs theatres today and we have been to see the shows a total of 10 times, In London, Birmingham and Leicester.

It's full of  audience participation and you are the odd one out if you attend a show without dressing up (or down)

Iniitially the film wasn't that popular when it was released in America, and would only be shown in selected venues at midnight. Since then it was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress in 2005.

I'm sure Richard O'Brien had no idea it would enjoy such a massive long running success. .cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 42

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Definitely venues what were cinemas at the time. wink How did you find the iMax? I've only ever seen one movie there (Gravity) at it was brilliant! The 3D was ten times better then the local cinema. 

@Cleoriff Yes I remember my parents going to a Rocky Horror Picture Show years back. They didn't dress up but had a fantastic time! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 42

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

My most memorable cinema experience was going to see the original Star Wars movie. I was still at school and remember that it blew me away with (for the time) great special effects and a great story. 

I even went out and bought the little figures.

Not got any of them now.

If I knew then what know now LOL

Message 6 of 42

Suzie57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Because my husband is called Brian,we got free tickets to Life of Brian at odeon Leicester Square.

we were lucky enough to have The Cast sitting in front of us. It was a brilliant evening.

Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@AnonymousDefinitely venues what were cinemas at the time. wink How did you find the iMax? I've only ever seen one movie there (Gravity) at it was brilliant! The 3D was ten times better then the local cinema. 

IMAX was very new then, and no 3d IMAX at all, but this was a true IMAX screen like at Waterloo, (all bells and whistles, immersive huge curved screen with heavily steep tiered limited seating) so felt like you were really there.

The cinema at Waterloo is confusingly also called The IMAX, which would be like calling The London Marathon: 'The Running' and surprisingly hard to find the door too, considering it's a huge great circular building on a roundabout in Central London.

IMAX is (basically) a projection/rendering/recording standard like say 70mm or Dolby Surround, or Ultra HD, and now mostly all theatres are digital so it's easy to convert one screen of the multiplex to IMAX or IMAX 3d, but it's not the same as true IMAX .. Only problem is that very few films are shot in IMAX, so converting them doesn't work as well. Though i'd rather see a non-IMAX film screened in true IMAX theatre than a true IMAX film screened on a converted IMAX screen in a multiplex. So watching Gravity which was shot in IMAX 3D on a True IMAX screen is as good as you can get in IMAX terms.

And say what you like about Madge - she could certainly hold a tune - tho the triumph of the film was Alan Parker's - that man could direct a camel through the eye of a needle.

Message 8 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Suzie57 wrote:

Because my husband is called Brian,we got free tickets to Life of Brian at odeon Leicester Square.

we were lucky enough to have The Cast sitting in front of us. It was a brilliant evening.

That sounds great @Suzie57 What an experience wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 42

Bournemouth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Love going to see harry potter films with my family
Message 10 of 42