cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you prefer to stand/sit at a gig?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey guys, 

When going to a gig, some like to dance to the beat of the live music right in front of the stage, while others prefer sitting down to enjoy it more comfortably, or standing quietly on the sidelines to have a little chat with their friends.

As a very short person, I generally prefer seating upstairs -if there is one-, or stand towards the back. I found trying to remain closer to the stage rather challenging in the past. sweat_smile

stock.PNG

Where do you usually prefer to go when attending a gig? Do you like being right in the middle of the action, or enjoy it from a distance? 

Let us know in the comments! Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

AlexYem84
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm normally at the back! I constantly need a wee when I drink. If I'm at the front... I think I literally will wet myself 🤣
Message 11 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo

I never went to that Bromsgrove gig to see the Heavy Metal Kids.

Though I'm absolutely delighted to find someone else who has heard of them, let alone seen them. Great band and Gary was a brilliant frontman...heart_eyes

I saw every gig they played, including headling at Birmingham Odeon with The Damned and Reading Pop & Rock Festival. Did you know that The Big Fire (song on Anvil Chorus) was a tribute to JFK? and many of the songs on Kitch are studio versions of songs they played live.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You know them better than me then @Mi-Amigo

We heard them on the Old Grey Whistle Test first and followed them as much as we could.

With two young children it wasn't always possible to get to every gig.

Though wherever we went we were always invited backstage to join in the shenanigans LOL

We have seen them in Coventry, Birmingham, London, Leicester and a few other places. Never at a festival though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

What a coincidence, @Mi-Amigo and @CleoriffSurprised

@AlexYem84 You make a good point there, practicality is key joy 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

What a coincidence, @Mi-Amigo and @CleoriffSurprised

@AlexYem84 You make a good point there, practicality is key joy 

Yeh - #built this city [Birmingham] on Rock & Roll# cool

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 15