cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would make your gig experience better?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Following all the conversations we've had about the concerts you've attended in the past, I thought it'd be nice to build on this collective experience to understand what you think could have made your night out better, or could, in the future, improve your overall gig experience!

ideas.PNG

You can think outside the box on this one, I'd love to hear what you truly think could make attending a gig even better. What could the venue, or the event organisers, add to make your experience more enjoyable?

Here are a few ideas to get your gears turning:

• Charging stations for mobile phones
  • More food and drink options
  • Other amenities
  • Some surprises
  • This article that outlines some trends, a few I wasn't familiar with!

Looking forward to hear your ideas! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
People that don’t talk while music is playing
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

People who wave their phones in the air constantly filming throughout the gig are an annoyance to me. Yes take one or two pictures by all means, but please do not have your phone on from start to finish. I want to see the act, Not your phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
People that don’t talk while music is playing

If only wink 

I read here sometime ago about a special headphones to use at concerts, that would allow for a superior sound quality but also help with people chatting around. Could be useful!

@Cleoriff wrote:

People who wave their phones in the air constantly filming throughout the gig are an annoyance to me. Yes take one or two pictures by all means, but please do not have your phone on from start to finish. I want to see the act, Not your phone.

@Cleoriff Being short I have to admit that in the past I've found those phones really useful because it allowed me to see what was going on on stage when it was otherwise completely out of sight flushed I do get what you mean though, it can be very distracting and the point of attending a gig is to enjoy it live, not through a screen.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I have been guilty of it myself and I'm tall joy

However, if you are at the back and unless there is a large screen showing what's going on, you just don't get to see the performers.

Live gig experiences are great but sometimes I prefer seated gigs where phones and filming are banned.

By the way, mobile phone charging points are all over the place at Glastonbury. wink Very well used so my son tells me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff  I really like going to the theatre for that reason, the use of phones is completely banned and everyone is taking in what's happening as it's happening. I've not been to many concerts like that ...

It's great that Glastonbury has charging points all over! I think that's one of the things most venues could benefit from. If I go to a gig towards the end of the day, sometimes my phone is low and it'd be nice to be able to charge it, just so I have some power over the night. upside_down

signature

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Slightly off topic @EmilieT  but talking about mobile charging points. My grandson went to Barcelona a week ago. He flew out with Ryanair and all was good, but too expensive to fly back with them. They came back with an airline called Vueling.

The flight back cost £22 and every seat had a mobile phone charger!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Slightly off topic @EmilieT  but talking about mobile charging points. My grandson went to Barcelona a week ago. He flew out with Ryanair and all was good, but too expensive to fly back with them. They came back with an airline called Vueling.

The flight back cost £22 and every seat had a mobile phone charger!!

@Cleoriff That's quite impressive astonished I think the only time I had a charging point at my seat on a plane was when I flew to New York, I've never seen this on shorter flights. Very useful for sure - and what a deal your grandson got for his flight as well!

signature

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff That's quite impressive astonished I think the only time I had a charging point at my seat on a plane was when I flew to New York, I've never seen this on shorter flights. Very useful for sure - and what a deal your grandson got for his flight as well!

Agree @EmilieT . The flight back from Barcelona cost the same as the coach/train from Gatwick to Coventry!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9