Did you mean: 

Tom Jones, Pussycat Dolls and other tickets this week

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Priority tickets header image

Hi everyone, hope you're having a good week so far!

As always there's a lot happening tickets-wise on Priority, and I've picked a few exciting gigs and events to highlight below! You can find everything else that's currently listed on the Priority website. Smiley Happy

Let me know if you've heard of the artists and bands I've highlighted below, and if you're a fan of any of them in particular? I'd personally love to check out the Pub In The Park festival and who wouldn't want to see Tom Jones?!

Interesting gig tickets this week

• Pussycat Dolls have multiple gigs coming up in multiple locations during the summer, and Priority tickets for some of their July-August gigs are available tomorrow!
  • Tickets to see A Day To Remember in multiple locations around the UK this May will be available from tomorrow!
  • Food and music festival Pub In The Park is coming to multiple parks around the UK during May-September this year, and you can get Priority tickets from tomorrow.
  • Skunk Anansie is coming to Sheffield on 19 June, and you can get Priority tickets from tomorrow!
  • Catch The Stranglers in Glasgow on 6 November. Priority tickets pre-sale ends tomorrow, 5th Feb!

Artist highlight of the week

Tom Jones

Tom Jones

Welsh singer Sir Tom Jones will be performing at the Haydock Park Racecourse in Merseyside this summer, on 20 June. Priority tickets will be on sale tomorrow, Wed 5th Feb! 

Have you guys ever seen Tom Jones perform live? What are some of your favourite songs by him? slight_smile Here are a couple that I like: I Who Have Nothing, performance from the 70s, and Delilah, performed in 1968. Check out the crowd dancing too. grin

More info

He's had 36 top-40 hits in the UK during his career, and is globally known by the nickname "The Voice" due to his powerful vocals. Speaking of The Voice - a side question - have you seen him as a judge on the ITV show with the same name? slight_smile

When he returns to Haydock Park in June, he will perform some of his big hits including Delilah and It's Not Unusualcool

Heard of any of the artists / events mentioned above? Are you a fan?

Let me know in the comments! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Sir Tom Jones is an absolute legend. He will be 80 in June and has the most amazing voice.

Currently a judge on The Voice UK and can break into song at any time and is always note perfect.

I have seen him once back in the 70's.

I have a lot of favourite songs but love these two...

Legend. Love him.

Here he is on the Voice doing Cry To Me with one of the contestants

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Re Tom Jones, the song I'll Never Fall In Love Again was written for him by another legend, Lonnie Donegan. Last year Lonnie Donegans son Peter appeared on The Voice. After his audition, this is what happened.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Ho @Marjo
I have heard of
Pussycat dolls
Tom Jones
I wouldn't say I was a fan of either but don't mind listening occasionally.
For those who attend the gigs enjoy👍

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I saw Tom Jones at the Millennium Dome when O2 took it over back in the day. It was part of a star weekend with half going on Saturday and half on the Sunday. Coaches were laid on as was the hotel and meals. 

Sir Tom was headlining. He wasn't my sort of music I'm happy to say though The Kaiser Chiefs more than made up for it. They were brilliant. A great weekend though all paid for by O2 😊

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Aww thanks for those videos @Cleoriff  where he sang with the 2 contestants. I hadn't seen them before but then again I don't watch these talent shows much anymore. Heartwarming! And I think it was her mum in the first video in the background saying it was her dream to sing with him... her face when it happened. smiling 

@TallTrees I used to really enjoy some songs by Pussycat Dolls, it's been years since I've actively listened to them though so they must have a lot of new material out since then. slight_smile

@jonsie That sounds like an amazing experience! Very cool that everything was arranged for you, meals and all. grin I think I remember you mentioning before about the Kaiser Chiefs and how great they are.

Message 6 of 6