EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 10.51.04.png

Hi everyone,

Film enthusiasts, rejoyce! clapper

A symphonic celebration of the work of Hans Zimmer will be touring in 2019. It will feature his work arranged especially for a live symphonic orchestra for the very first time, and accompanied by visual projections of film sequences.

Hans Zimmer is a German film score composer, who has worked on the music of over 150 movies, including Inception, Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lion King, Interstellar and The dark Knight trilogy.

Tickets for this show at The O2 in November 2019 will be on sale via Priority on Wednesday 13 February.

Are any of you interested in this tour? What is your favourite score from all the ones Hans Zimmer composed?

Let us know in the comments!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know @viridis is a big fan @EmilieT.

He has been to  a couple of his concerts I think?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Indeed, I first went to the Hans Zimmer on your show in Birmingham a few years back, loved it so much, we got tickets a few weeks after to go to the show at Manchester.
I believe the difference between those shows and this, is that Hans isn't actually in this show but is his music, which is still awesome.
I have a long list of favourite individual tracks off Hans each one is on my music collection:
Why so serious: the dark Knight
Gotham's reckoning: dark Knight rises
What are you gonna do when you're not saving the world: man of steel
You're so cool: true romance
No time for caution: Interstellar
Captain Jack Sparrow: pirates of the Caribbean
Time: inception
And many more I can't think of off topic of my head
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Excuse my ignorance but whilst I've heard the name, I'm not familiar with his work. I must away and consult YouTube.... 

Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're a big Pirates of the Caribbean fan, right? The epic music Hans Zimmer wrote for it plays a big part in making the movies as fun as they are - for me at least. Happy Dance

@viridis

Great song picks! I saw the Hans Zimmer Live tour in Wembley last year, and it was fantastic .. I'd happily have gone several times like you did but that was the only one I could attend. The arrangements will be different this time, are you going to look into going to one of the performance or were 2 enough for you?

@jonsie

He's worked on quite a lot of film scores ... let me know if you recognised any after browsing Youtube. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but whilst I've heard the name, I'm not familiar with his work. I must away and consult YouTube.... 

TallTrees  Thinking

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@EmilieT

Yes Hans Zimmer wrote the musical score for Pirates of the Caribbean. I love it. Even got part of it as a ringtone on my phone wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@EmilieT

Yes Hans Zimmer wrote the musical score for Pirates of the Caribbean. I love it. Even got part of it as a ringtone on my phone wink

I can imagine it makes for a nice ringtone! Happy Dance

signature

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@EmilieT

I can imagine it makes for a nice ringtone! Happy Dance

well it reminds me of Johnny Depp @EmilieT. heart_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9