Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

O2 Priority

Community Manager

TUTANKHAMUN: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh exhibition

Hey everyone, 

There's fantastic news for history buffs and fans on ancient Egyptian culture, the largest collection of King Tutankhamun's treasures ever to travel out of Egypt, comes to London this winter. Over 150 original artefacts from the Golden Pharaoh's dazzling tomb go on display at Chelsea's Saatchi Gallery on 2 November! 

Tutankhamun.jpg

This one of a kind exhibit will be in London from November 2nd 2019 to May 3rd 2020 and you can get tickets with Priority

Let us know your thoughts on the exhibit and if you have any plans to attend! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 23: Casual Specs

Re: TUTANKHAMUN: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh exhibition

Hi @Martin-O2 

I find it fascinating ~ have been viewing a TV series on further digs and finds.

Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,387

I'm really interested in archeology and always watch the documentaries about the pyramids and the Valley of the Kings. Part of me marvels at the finds but a part of me wonders about the ethics of disturbing the tombs and the departed. Far better than leaving it to the grave-robbers though who have already plundered and destroyed most of the resting places.

Level 23: Casual Specs

Hi @jonsie 

Don't know whether you were listening to one documentary that stated that the Government of the day raided the tombs replaced the body or bodies in a respectful and careful manner, as they felt it was recovering the Country's Wealth which was buried to no good purpose and the Country was short of funds Fantastic

Highlighted
Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,387

As long as that wealth i put to good purpose then yes, it's a good thing.