Did you mean: 

TUTANKHAMUN: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh exhibition

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

There's fantastic news for history buffs and fans on ancient Egyptian culture, the largest collection of King Tutankhamun's treasures ever to travel out of Egypt, comes to London this winter. Over 150 original artefacts from the Golden Pharaoh's dazzling tomb go on display at Chelsea's Saatchi Gallery on 2 November! 

Tutankhamun.jpg

This one of a kind exhibit will be in London from November 2nd 2019 to May 3rd 2020 and you can get tickets with Priority

Let us know your thoughts on the exhibit and if you have any plans to attend! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

I find it fascinating ~ have been viewing a TV series on further digs and finds.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm really interested in archeology and always watch the documentaries about the pyramids and the Valley of the Kings. Part of me marvels at the finds but a part of me wonders about the ethics of disturbing the tombs and the departed. Far better than leaving it to the grave-robbers though who have already plundered and destroyed most of the resting places.

Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @jonsie 

Don't know whether you were listening to one documentary that stated that the Government of the day raided the tombs replaced the body or bodies in a respectful and careful manner, as they felt it was recovering the Country's Wealth which was buried to no good purpose and the Country was short of funds Fantastic

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as that wealth i put to good purpose then yes, it's a good thing.

Message 5 of 5