Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority app stopped working

Carr1e
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, this is the third day of my priority app saying 'unfortunately, o2 priority has stopped working'. The message was initially popping up before I clicked on the app. I've tried removing it from my phone and reinstalling it, and filled out error reports. Anyone else experiencing the same? My phone is a Samsung J3 (android). Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless your phone is running Android 6.0 or above it will no longer work.
Your only choice is to use the web browser.
https://priority.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There are issues with the app for a number of reasons.
Can you let us know if you are on a contract or pay as you go, and what version of Android your phone is on?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 12

Carr1e
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm on contract and Android version 5.1.1.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless your phone is running Android 6.0 or above it will no longer work.
Your only choice is to use the web browser.
https://priority.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Carr1e
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh, thanks for that - if that's the case then it's a shame o2 itself didn't inform its customers it was going to change. 

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We agree and have already flagged it back to o2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 change things to the detriment of customers all the time these days . Priority is a waste of time too in my personal opinion. 

Message 7 of 12

JayneFoley
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the same problem for the past few days - I also have uninstalled and reinstalled it but it hasnt made any difference- also getting an error message for GMail - although I dont use Gmail - its a pain getting error messages

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There will be many thousands of customers with similar problems.
So many phones out there that cannot be updated to 6.0 but it seems totally unnecessary for such an app anyway.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Angie521
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the same issue since last Wednesday. I've been into two different o2 shops and they have both told me different things. I have an android version 5.1.1 and one store told me the app has stopped now on my particular phone and the other store told me o2 knows there's a problem on android phones and are trying to fix it. So what's the correct answer?

If the o2 app no longer supports my phone, I'm very disappointed that they didn't inform me. I have only stuck with o2 on my sim only tariff as I do use some of the offers on priority especially the free Cafe Nero drink every Tuesday.

Is there any other way of still getting the offers?

Message 10 of 12