Did you mean: 

Priority Music Highlights - 8th February Onwards

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hello everybody!

Back with another Priority Music Highlights topic! We decided to pause these for a while whilst the COVID-19 omicron variant was cancelling one gig after another but now that things are beginning to look better, at least for the next Summer, let's check out the artists featured on the O2 Priority website this week 💃 🕺

Let’s with start with the GOAT, the almighty Nile Rodgers. He not only was a founding member of the ubiquitous Chic, but also penciled hits for decades, collaborating with and producing artists like David Bowie, Madonna, Duran Duran, Diana Ross and more recently Lady Gaga and Daft Punk. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, I could write about this man's contribution to pop music for hours and hours.

I'm sure that you've heard at least this tune that sprung from his 1960 Fender Stratocaster aka The Hitmaker (not many guitars have a Wikipedia page dedicated to them, mind you):

If you want to have a listen to Nile's extensive and prolific discography, why not check a playlist of his songs, curated by Apple Music? And if you're already a fan as I am, and want to delve deeper into his music genius mind, there's a rather amusing show hosted by him, also on Apple Music, called Deep Hidden Meaning Radio with Nile Rodgers.

Was this enough to make you want to check him live? He's going to be playing at Doncaster Racecourse in July and the tickets are going to be available tomorrow. 

The second highlight of this week goes to Sharon Van Etten. The American singer-songwriter has just shared her new single today, which you can check out below:

Did you know that she's also an actress? For those who are fans of the cult-series Twin Peaks, she appeared in the 6th episode of the 2017 run of the series. On her Apple Music artist page, you can check a especially curated playlist of her songs 🎸

Tickets for her UK Tour are going to be available tomorrow.

The last highlight of the week goes to the Mancunian band Elbow. They've been releasing critically acclaimed albums for over 20 years now and it doesn't look like the lads are slowing down. They've released their latest album last November and you can check one of its singles below:

You can listen to a curated playlist of their Essential tunes on their Apple Music artist page. 

Tickets for their upcoming August gig will be available tomorrow.

As there are some many options of shows on Priority, and artists from so many different genres, it's actually very hard to pick just three of them to highlight here on the community. Hope that you guys have discovered or rediscovered an artist or band; or have found out about the gig of an artist you already love in this post! Please leave your comment if you enjoyed any of the songs shared above slight_smile

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ah, so cool, @RafaC. I was lucky enough to see CHIC at Glastonbury Festival a few years ago!

Have heard of Sharon Van Etten and wouldn't mind seeing Elbow ✌️.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 2 of 3

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Wow @lewys-gp that's so cool! I bet everybody was dancing at Glasto on that day 🕺

Message 3 of 3