Did you mean: 

Priority Music Highlights - 24th May Onwards

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hello everyone!

Time to check out some of the artists featured on the O2 Priority website this week 🔊

We start this week of highlights with our kid Liam Gallagher. I have a confession to make: I still haven't attended one of his solo gigs yet. I intend to address that pretty soon, as I grew up being a massive Oasis fan and was lucky enough to see them live twice. Not just that, but I've already been to two Noel Gallagher's solo concerts so yeah, I really ought to make it up to Liam 🤣

Here's a spezial video for his latest single Better Days:

You will be able to listen to his new album C'Mon You Know on Apple Music in three days time. Tickets for his gig in Cardiff are going to be available on Wednesday from 10:00am.

The second highlight goes to Charlotte dos Santos. The Brazilian-Norwegian composer and singer has just released her latests single Hello Hello, which you can listen to below.  I was really hooked on her first album, Cleo, when it came out and still listen to it till this day so I'm looking forward to her next one, Morpho, which is due to be released in October. 

You can listen to more songs, including that first album Cleo, on her Apple Music artist page.
Tickets for her concert in Manchester are going to be available on Wednesday 10:00am.

The last, but by no means less important, highlight of this week goes to John Legend. He's released 7 albums so far and did many, many collaborations over the last couple of decades, from Jay-Z (on one of the best tracks out of the fantastic Black Album) to Lauryn Hill. Here's him performing for Tiny Desk:

Listening to his Apple Music Essentials playlist is a great way to get to know a little bit of everything that the man has produced on the last 25 years.

He's going to perform at the magnificent Royal Albert Hall in London next year. Tickets sale will end tomorrow 9:00am.

As there are some many options of shows on Priority, and artists from so many different genres, it's actually very hard to pick just three of them to highlight here on the community. Hope that you guys have discovered or rediscovered an artist or band; or have found out about the gig of an artist you already love in this post! Please leave your comment if you enjoyed any of the songs shared above slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RafaC 

I loved Oasis, I had to, my lads were obsessed. Once they split I preferred Noel. Liam always seems to be stuck in his Oasis timewarp. 😂 (He cant be bothered to change his clothes.) Lol

Not keen on Charlotte (first time of hearing her) Love John Legend. The man can do no wrong.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Pleased to hear you love Oasis as well @Cleoriff, my dad was into them too and I remember him bringing their CDs home whenever he went abroad for a work trip. The first one he bought was the Roll With It single when he came to the UK in 1995 (I was still a very young lad then). After that I was the one buying their CDs or asking him to buy them 🤣. That is, up until I started working and buying them with my own money of course. 

I thought you wouldn't be into Charlotte's tune as she's a background in jazz and you're not really into jazz from what I can remember, but glad to hear you like John Legend. 2 out of 3 for this week's priority then 😋

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RafaC 

It's funny, my husband , who was a damn excellent part time DJ back in the day, couldn't stand Oasis. He felt very strongly that they were ripping off The Beatles. He would play their music if requested but nothing would make him like them. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff 😂 yeah, Oasis get that a lot I think. Some of my mates didn't like them because of the Gallagher's arrogant attitude too. I guess they are one of those bands that you either love or hate. 

Message 5 of 5