Priority Music Highlights - 15th March Onwards

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hello everybody!

Let's check out the artists featured on the O2 Priority website this week 🎤

This week's highlights start with the ModFather Paul Weller.  It's been a long time coming but we'll finally be able to see the mod-rock-punk-folk-acid-jazz-new-wave-psychedelic-soul (I'm sure I could go on for a while) icon performing live again. Here's a snippet of what you can expect from his upcoming tour:

His latest sublime live album An Orchestrated Songbook (with Jules Buckley and the BBC Symphony Orchestra) is available on Apple Music. 

Tickets for his headline show at Lytham Festival with The Charlatans, Lottery Winners and NIA WYN as supporting acts are going to be available tomorrow 9 am.

I fell in love with Sigur Rós  the moment I've seen this music video on MTV late at night when I was around 14 years old. From then on I've listened to their records many many times, shared my love for them with my mates and have seen many DVDs of their live shows. I've never had a chance to see them live though, which I intend to rectify soon. Their live gigs are not just a showcase of songs, but an experience itself, hence why I saved the space below for a glimpse of that:

Their Apple Music Essentials playlist is a great place to start if you've never heard about them. Tickets for their UK tour are going to be available tomorrow from 9 am.

Ubiquitous across indie parties, the New Yorkers Yeah Yeah Yeahs are fronted by the great lead singer Karen O. Here's one of their massive indie rock hits:

If you like what you hear you can check their Apple Music Essentials playlist. Tickets for their first UK headline gigs (Manchester and London) in 9 years are available tomorrow from 9 am.

As there are some many options of shows on Priority, and artists from so many different genres, it's actually very hard to pick just three of them to highlight here on the community. Hope that you guys have discovered or rediscovered an artist or band; or have found out about the gig of an artist you already love in this post! Please leave your comment if you enjoyed any of the songs shared above slight_smile

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 957 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@RafaC Sigur Rós are just so good! and at Brixton Academy too. My favourite London venue!

Message 2 of 8

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@J9el so nice to hear that you like them too! Have you ever seen them live? Out of their recorded gigs, Heima is the one I like the most.

I have yet to see a gig at Brixton Academy, good to know it's your favourite venue, I know it's a renowned one slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@J9el  I've just remembered that one of my mates has INNI in its vinyl edition, such a beautiful package and artwork, and incredible sound of course. He lent it to me once and I've listened to it countless time, brings great memories 💭

Message 4 of 8

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 957 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @RafaC, unfortunately I haven’t seen them live…..yet! I always liked the idea of seeing them in Iceland! I love the album Takk… its one I always find myself coming back to now and then.

Also, it was amazing that they appeared on Game of Thrones that time and played ‘The Rain of Castlemere’!

Message 5 of 8

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@J9el Seeing them in Iceland would be fantastic indeed! Takk is fantastic, it's also one that I always go back too slight_smile

Albeit I like fantasy (I love LOTR, both books and movies) I didn't watch Game of Thrones. Many of my friends insist that I should watch it, now I've got one more reason to do so 😅

Message 6 of 8

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just to jump in, I was going to add that I've been to the Brixton Academy a couple of times and can agree it's a fantastic venue @J9el 😁. Saw Four Tet + Friends one evening, and Sports Team and Wet Leg another night. Both are a lot different to Sigur Rós 🤣.

Would love to see the Modfather, @RafaC 😍.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 7 of 8

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for sharing it @lewys-gp, seen Four Tet there must have been great! 🕺 

Me too, I've always wanted to see Weller live 🎯
Hopefully I will soon 😎

Message 8 of 8