Podcasts live shows

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark

Hi everyone slight_smile

The true crime comedy podcast My Favourite Murder, hosted by Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff, will be touring the UK and Ireland this winter. You will be able to grab some tickets for the Manchester live show on Priority, on Wednesday 19 June!

After meeting at a Halloween party in 2014 and bonding over their mutual interest in true crime, the two American comedians started this podcast in 2016. It has, since its launch, regularly been in the top 10 of iTunes podcasts. The loyal "Murderino" fan-base has allowed Karen and Georgia to tour the world, and these live shows are often recorded and released as weekly episodes. 

Do you guys know of this podcast? If not, is there any other podcast you listen to and would be interested of attending a live recording of? 

Let me know in the comments sunflower

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Not heard of that one @EmilieT, and to be honest not really my thing from your description.
I do listen to quite a few podcasts, mostly football related, and would like to see some recorded.
In fact, one of the football ones does do the odd "live" version but I have not been able to go to one of them as yet.
I also listen to some music ones - one by Gareth Emery under his Electric for Life, the other by John 00 Fleming. Both of those would be good to see in person.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@gmarkj Those sound interesting! Do you know if their live shows follow the same structure as their recorded ones, or is it really different? I'm asking as I believe this specific podcast uses exactly the same structure live, except for the theme, which is normally random but is focused on the location they're performing in when live. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6964 Solutions

This is something I've never heard of. Live podcast? This seems so alien.

Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Pretty much @EmilieT - they have a guest and have a chat about what is going on, then they take questions from the audience (normally via twitter/FB/etc).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I listen to a lot of Radio Four from the BBC

Podcast is a word they use regularly

I can understand what attending a Live Podcast would mean ... but ... am not articulate enough to explain

Latest buzzword on Radio Four ... is ... BBC Sounds 

Message 6 of 6