Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority - Claiming a prize

AB123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've received a text message informing me that I've won a prize in one of the draws. The competition closed a few weeks ago and apparently I have to email my name / phone number / code from the text message to claim the prize.

I don't know if I'm being too suspicious but is that how prizes are normally claimed? I don't know as I've never won one. Is the message genuine or could it be a scam? I've opened up the Priority app and had a look on the My Priority page and there's no mention of this particular draw.

The email address looks reasonable so it's not obviously fake, however the draw closed a few weeks ago and I've only received the text this morning so it seems a little strange.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@AB123 

Safest way would be to call customer service to check. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@AB123 

Safest way would be to call customer service to check. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

AB123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a look around and found this old post (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Priority/SMS/td-p/1142560). The email address that I need to use is the same as the one in there so it looks valid!

Message 3 of 3