Did you mean: 

O2 Priority - Caffe Nero Menu Review

Seahorse
Level 4: Observant
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning!

For many years I have enjoyed the o2 priority Caffe nero drink each week. I have tried almost everything they have but they bring out new items all the time. I wondered if anyone would like me to review the items - there's been some pretty flat ones (not flat white) so perhaps it saves you from using up your reward! 

My favourite is the hot chocolate of course!

67533060_367300783988332_1445868858656161792_n.jpg

What I like about it is it taste like they have melted chocolate to make it. I'm not a vegan but I do like to not use cow milk when possible - I actually much prefer the Soya milk in the hot chocolate if I'm honest. 

The nero soya hot chocolate is my go-to priority reward so I give it 10/10!

• rich and chocolatey
  • gives you a nice boost without caffeine
  • extra creamy tasting because of the soya milk
  • hot but drinkable temperature

Oh you should note that because it's chocolate it's not good if you're on a diet!! but that's why it's a reward I suppose slight_smile

Let me know what I should try next week and I will give it a review!

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone - tomorrow we will have teh caramelatte and teh raspberry crumble! I'm salavating already!

Message 11 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too like Cafe Nero @Seahorse 

I tend to drink latte when I'm out and about ... but, it's a bit too strong for me ... yes, I know I'm a bit of a wuss

I like their Millionaires caramel shortbread ... and, once when that was not available the knowledgeable barista suggested a lemon muffin ... it was lovely 

Like the logo on the back of their t-shirts

Best Coffee This Side Of Milan

Your reviews would really help me & I shall try the soya chocolate asap 

I live in Skipton, North Yorkshire

I havn't been into the town's Starbucks ... but, have been into Costa Coffee where the customer service was atrocious ... so, Cafe Nero it is ... great place to do a bit of people-watching if you can get a window seat smiling

Message 12 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

oh avoid Costa then, the one in Rugby tends to be alright,  I must say. that's shame, anytime I've been back up north I'm reminded of how friendly my lot are, would have thought Yorkshire would be very polite. Can't win them all I suppose. 

I am from Newcastle originally, pretty much as northern as it gets before you hit Scotland!

I will put the review of the dish tomorrow as my daughter gave birth yesterday, it's been a bit hectic!

Message 13 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seahorse wrote:

oh avoid Costa then, the one in Rugby tends to be alright,  I must say. that's shame, anytime I've been back up north I'm reminded of how friendly my lot are, would have thought Yorkshire would be very polite. Can't win them all I suppose. 

I am from Newcastle originally, pretty much as northern as it gets before you hit Scotland!

I will put the review of the dish tomorrow as my daughter gave birth yesterday, it's been a bit hectic!

Ah so you're a Grandma now then @Seahorse ... hope Mother and Baby are doing alright ... Congratulations to you all smiling

Message 14 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already was, this is the 4th one! Thank you very much @Anonymous grin

Message 15 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

71543554_515088479283423_2879726755369713664_n.jpg

Caramelatte with Raspberry & Amaretti Crumble Cake

The all mouth and no trousers of the coffee world.

Sorry for the delay - moving forward if we can decide what drink to have each Wednesday as thats the prioity day it means as well i can post on the Friday per suggestions. 

Caramelatte

The idea is nice, who doesn't like caramel? Unfortunately, the caramel sits on the creme on the top of the coffee. What you are really getting is a latte with whipped creame on top with caramel sauce. Which, don't get me wrong, is nice but doesn't hit you in the face with a caremel-y treat as i expected. The contrast of the cold cream against the hot coffee was actually quite delightful. I would say this is not a regular order - perhaps on a down day or you fancy a little pick me up - I would advise an additional shot as the coffee itself if somewhat lost in the creame, et al. 

71873402_10162244256455548_2011545785597952000_n.jpg

I would have to give it a 6/10 - it's not a bad drink, but it's just not as good as it should be. 

• contrast of the cold and hot was pleasantly surprising
  • lack of caramel flavour in the liquid itself dissappointing
  • caramel sauce on top was pleasant and ample
  • normal price of £3.65 seems unjust for a latte with whippy cream on top!
  • low temperate - it's gone in a few minutes, definately not a people watchers drink

Raspberry & Amaretti Crumble Cake

Now the cake. Well, I have to say it was the star of the show. Exceptionally moist and jam packed with raspberry flavour. The Ameretti flavour was sort of so sublt you couldnt really pick it out but over all it was blummin delicious. I will say if you are used to crumble, as in proper sunday roast pudding crumble, you will be disappointed. It is soft almost like oat flakes. Still very nice, just not crumble. 

71564493_10162244255405548_8496315523401777152_n.jpg

As a coffee counter part, its very nice. 8/10 for this cake.

• very strong and yummy raspberry flavour
  • decent price, less than £2
  • ever so moist and squidgy 
  • on the downside you have to give a piece to your daughter so she will take pictures for you

I hope you enjoyed the review - this Cafe Nero is in Watford high street. 

Thanks for reading

Message 16 of 57

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Seahorse These look like wonderful treats, I'd happily have a piece of that cake right away! A really thorough review of both, great read star

I love the overview of your thoughts, and all the pictures - It's making me well hungry smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 57

Seahorse
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you @EmilieT - it was fun! Looking forward to the next dish!

72537438_1368704559945104_4931135734464643072_n.jpg

Message 18 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All looks delicious @Seahorse wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 57

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Seahorse for an excellent review.

I`m not sure that I would choose the coffee but the cake looks and sounds like something I would go for. In fact, when I`m next in my local town I`m going into Cafe Nero and order the cake, which, in my view, is really quite cheap.

Thanks again for the review and I`m looking forward to the next one. 

Could I please make a suggestion? I`m not a huge coffee fan, although I don`t mind the odd cup of black coffee, so is there a chance of a review of a type of black coffee, or any type of tea which Nero serve? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 20 of 57