cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority App bug with current reward

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 is currently offering a £5 voucher for some customers on the Priority App as a Christmas/loyalty bonus - valid until Thursday.

This is obviously very nice of them and I don't mean to seem ungrateful in any way, but I'm having some problems with the offer.

The offer suggests you can "choose" who you want to receive the voucher from, with a whole range of shops. It asks who will you "pick" - again reinforcing the idea of having a choice. But in the group selection for the offer, it's only giving me Argos and none of the other shops, so I can't choose anything but Argos.

As I've said I don't want to seem ungrateful for a freebie, but if choice is advertised then choice should be given (particularly as I never shop at Argos but use other stores they advertise in the offer).

Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help with this bug or highlight how I can report it directly to O2 please?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Neither would I and haven't bothered since the Star Wars fiasco.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

"MI5" you're not talking about 4000 people though. You're talking about considerably more than 4000 people all being there at the exact same second to do it, considering that only a small portion of all users would take up a complaint about it afterwards. 4000 is the minimum of people who have to be doing something all within the same second.

E.g. if 1 in 500 people are likely to complain about something that happens and you get 20 complaints about it after the event, you'd need 4000 people waiting at exactly the same second to successfully take all the vouchers, then roughly another 10,000 all attempting and failing for the 20 complaints to come through afterwards (based on statistics). So in total you're looking at 14,000 rather than just 4,000.

And that's considerably over 4000 people who had the time of day to sit around waiting for the app reward to tick over - to the exact second.

Part of the thing is that even if it's genuine, (1) the app is crap for not handling it and (2) it just goes to show that the Priority App being a "reward" system (as a lot of people see it, and how it used to be advertised by O2) is an illusion because so incredibly few people actually benefit much from any of the decent offers.

Message 22 of 29

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Star Wars?

Message 24 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

"MI5" you're not talking about 4000 people though.

My point was how small "4000" are compared to the customer base in total.

40,000 would only be 0.2%

The odds are completely stacked against you whichever way you look at it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 29

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Star Wars?

@Anonymous wrote:

Star Wars?

Had to be collected instore. Every store had an allocation.some people waiting outside for the stores to open and then were told they had all gone. Reported on here by customers all over the country. How is that possible if offers are genuine?

Message 26 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Star Wars?

There was a lot of Star Wars memorabilia on offer via Priority. They made the offer available in the week at 9am when most people were at work. (I forget which stores were stocking it). Bottom line it went within minutes and when next seen was being offered on Ebay for vastly inflated prices

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a complete joke.

Message 28 of 29

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like a complete joke.

It was and there was either none supplied to some stores or staff got them all for themselves. 

Disclaimer. Only my opinion and I make no factual allegations against any member of staff.

....but the whole thing stank.

Message 29 of 29