cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority App bug with current reward

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 is currently offering a £5 voucher for some customers on the Priority App as a Christmas/loyalty bonus - valid until Thursday.

This is obviously very nice of them and I don't mean to seem ungrateful in any way, but I'm having some problems with the offer.

The offer suggests you can "choose" who you want to receive the voucher from, with a whole range of shops. It asks who will you "pick" - again reinforcing the idea of having a choice. But in the group selection for the offer, it's only giving me Argos and none of the other shops, so I can't choose anything but Argos.

As I've said I don't want to seem ungrateful for a freebie, but if choice is advertised then choice should be given (particularly as I never shop at Argos but use other stores they advertise in the offer).

Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help with this bug or highlight how I can report it directly to O2 please?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Not seeing it in my priorty app or in the t&c online best will beto ring o2 when they are next open hours listed here https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a response on Twitter - apparently it's not meant to be showing yet (odd as it says it expires to me on Thursday) but it's being sorted out. Fingers crossed!
Message 3 of 29

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I can now see the offer . The start at a set time on each day and only a limited no of vouchers available after the time they start on a first come basis
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 29

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Great to see that it's being sorted out. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help and keep us updated Wave

Thanks @adamtemp64 for the help heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
After all this I didn't see there were only a limited number for each voucher until just now and missed the only one I would have chosen, lol.
Message 6 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately par for the course with Priority offers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 29

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

flushedscream Destroy I am sorry @Anonymous! Next time Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bit annoying now.

I set myself a reminder for 1pm to get the Tesco voucher released at 1pm today. I'm there in the app literally as it counts down the seconds to the vouchers being released. I'm sat at home with a stable Wi-Fi connection - 100MB fibre optic. Once the app counter reaches zero, it doesn't unlock the button to be able to redeem the offer despite having an obvious countdown that makes you think it will - you have to go out of the offer and back into it to unlock the button. Despite this, I try to redeem the voucher within seconds of the vouchers releasing and get nothing but error messages saying "Priority can't connect right now". I try a dozen or so times - same error message.

I reload the app to see if that will fix the so-called connection problem and suddenly ALL offers in the app have disappeared - it shows literally nothing, not even in my saved offers section. I keep trying to reload the app to see if it will fix, but nothing. I disable Wi-Fi so my network will connect to the app directly through 4G - still have the same disappearing act.

1:03pm the app actually decides to log back in properly and all of the vouchers are gone. I took screenshots at every stage to show the farce of the app not working as it should.

You really need to fix your app or find a better way of releasing things like this. It's frustrating to be screwed out of an offer because your app and/or servers can't handle your own service. It's one thing to lose out on an offer because you have competition of over 25 million users and there are only 4,000 vouchers, but it's annoying to lose out because you were there on the dot and couldn't possibly have been any quicker, but the app that's meant to handle said offer is what fails and takes the offer away from you.

Message 9 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There are so many who have posted exactly the same thing. Personally I think it's an absolute scam or all were taken beforehand by O2 staff bypassing the system. There are no other possible explanations. 

Message 10 of 29