Did you mean: 

O2 BTS presale

Marcus_reilly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To whom it may concern,
     Could someone please explain why BTS presale tickets were advertised on O2 priority, then removed?

When can we expect the presale to take place?

Regards, Marcus Reilly.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Marcus_reilly the presale was cancelled, and there won't now be one. Tickets go on sale through various ticketing sites (see below) and the Priority site on the 1st at 9.00 am. The first four are definitely selling them, I haven't checked the others 

O2 Priority  priority.o2.co.uk

AXS axs.com/uk

Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.co.uk

LIveNation www.livenation.co.uk

See tickets www.seetickets.com
Ticketline www.ticketline.co.uk
Ticketweb www.ticketweb.co.uk
Gigs and Tours www.gigsandtours.com
Piccadilly Box Office/Ticketline www.ticketline.co.uk
Lastminute.com www.lastminute.com
Keith Prowse www.keithprowse.co.uk
Gigantic www.gigantic.com
Stargreen www.stargreen.com
Eventim www.eventim.co.uk
Ticketzone www.ticketzone.co.uk
The Ticket Factory www.theticketfactory.com

I'LL post my non o2 or in any way official thoughts on why this happened in a little while.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
According to O2 it was BTS themselves that blocked the pre sale of tickets.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
According to O2 it was BTS themselves that blocked the pre sale of tickets.

Yes @MI5  that was my understanding as well. @Martin-O2's last comment on both threads I linked to, stated

"Some artists choose not to have them (pre-sale tickets) and we have to respect that decision. It hasn't been possible to secure Priority Tickets for this gig".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So although O2 were a wee bit premature and guilty of assumption, the frustration should, in this case, be directed to BTS......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So although O2 were a wee bit premature and guilty of assumption, the frustration should, in this case, be directed to BTS......

Quite true. Also, extremely disappointing for people who wanted these tickets early. However, the decision was  made by the artist and we can only sympathise with members who hoped to secure tickets on pre-sale. Nothing more to be said really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

So officially or semi officially O2 are saying the desision not to have a presale despite the fact that it was advertised was taken by the artists. It's highly unlikely the artists themselves are in anyway aware of any of this being as they are Korean children, but you never know....

It helps if you understand the relationship between o2, theo2, the ticketing partners, the promoters, the artist management and the artists.

O2 or Telefonica as we shall now name them to save confusion, have naming rights on the structure that is called TheO2, ie the dome or venue. They also have naming rights over consessions inside TheO2, and run a system of presale tickets which we know as Priority. The workings of which are somewhat occluded, but put simply gives prior access to one or more of the  the main ticketing sites listed above, to purchase tickets to events before they go on sale to the general public, at venues that have O2 somewhere in their name. 

The main contractual relationship that exists is between the Artist Management in BTS case Big Hit Entertainment, and the Promoters, who may or may not be one and the same.  Artist Management look after the interests of the Artists, Promoters organise the tour, book the venues and so on.

In BTS case it looks like BHE are self-promotioning and have partnered with LIveNation for e-commerce and ticketing. LIveNation  also do artist management, promoting and so on. LiveNation own Ticketmaster amongst others. TheO2 is not owned by Telefonica nor is it owned by the people who run it AEG.

BHP will have approached AEG to book the venue and discussed with them ticketing arrangements. Which probably consisted of 'Livenation are doing it'.

Because the relationship between O2 Priority and in AXS, the preferred ticketing agents for AEG and the relationship between other O2 Priority and other O2 named venues preferred ticketing agents; and LiveNation is very unclear, but probably relies on LiveNations ecommerce platforms: It's most likely that LIveNation are calling the shots on this one.

Usually they will comply with O2 Priority protocols cos it makes them money and they are not as involved. But not this time...

LiveNation look like they want to be all over this, because the K-pop BTS phenomenon Is massive and the potential for a record-breaking sale huge... So in my entirely unofficial and humble opinion, the finger of blame for why the presale has been cancelled points to LiveNation flexing their not inconsiderable muscles and saying:

'No,No,No not this time, sorry for the inconvenience, and all that, but this one is ours, ALL ours, O2 old son.!!'

And  leaving Telefonica with egg on their faces having to apologise to the understandably irate customers who were relyng on Priority to get tickets for what is likely to be the fastest selling gig in UK history, and blaming BTS cos it's a lot easier and more politicaly expedient than blaming LiveNation or explaining all that ^^^

Message 8 of 8